What Would You Do?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Col vid, Chris. Quite a puzzle that you put up there. What do you mean about a big enough crane? Do you mean that access is restricted so only a long reach with enough weight capacity would work, or budget, or....?

I guess I was thinking along the lines of getting a big enough crane.

That would be interesting.
I appreciate a guy who can decide to walk away, props to him.

I had a smallish but tricky job recently, dead limb over a house, went back twice to look at it, decided I had to hire a cherry picker, once we got on site and started working it became apparent very quickly I would have been in a world of hurt trying to do it climbing and with only one other person. Three of us got it done no drama.

No way will the ins co pay now, it is a risk that has built up over time, and therefore its up to the HO to eliminate the risk. If they don't, and the ins co is aware of the risk, and the tree falls on house, ins co no payee.

The trees cabled so there's already a history of risk involved. That tree looks like a huge liability.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agree with a lot of what you guys are saying.

Waiting to hear back from Blair Glenn on the details of this job.

nothing wrong with walking away from a job.

on the other hand I know that sycamore generally handles a hard reduction priuning (the neighbor ddid three down to 5 " stubs (hattracked ) 8+ years ago. They all look great now.. so IMO hard prunignn would be an option..
otherwise, roping out the top and backing up the cables with lower lines would probably work well...
I just put over $8K on a big nasty oak between two houses. called for the follow up and the custy said I was " in the ballpark"...

That could be a fun tree.... might try to blow the top 60' into the neighbor's backyard

In the ballpark, they said? Sounds like a 'no' to me but hopefully I'm wrong.

in the ballpark to me means that they got a lower bid , maybe 2, but not much lower and mayne got a higher bid or two as well. That's something you need to hear on the phone to read the client's energy. Sounded quite possible to me. I was calling to ask him to hold off making a decision til my crane op can take a look..

Then if the op says no problemo, you might lower your price?

Back