Ways to make mini stronger

darkstar

Rockclimber/ treeclimber
We broke the center piston where it attaches to the universal plate, bad weld.
This was on the Boxer 526 DX
Now ive broken the cast metal , universal plate.
Near the same point , where the piston attaches.
I just keep looking at the BM, which is the only attachement we use hardly ever.
I think if i attached the center piston higher on the BM up closer near the bollard i would reduce the huge pressure it applys to the uni. Mount plate.
The center piston only controls forward and backward tilt any how .
Wish i could draw it for yall , but basically the mini center piston would attach to the BM half way up closer to the bollard.
Any ideas?
Ill photo , what we r thinking of doing....

prolly work ok but you will lose alot of your range of motion. may want a longer cylinder

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah that is exactly my thought.
The BM is adapted for tree work and weavy lifting .
The mini is really a land scaping tool.
I could see making a couple changes to the mini so its alomst pure tree work machine.
Id like to chat with Dave about it first.

guess i might be concerned with the added leverage on the bottom pins by moving it up.

I broke my cast plate at the 800hr mark.....but I never greased the mofo....oops.

Good point , but i recon they are extremly strong.
More or less this little mod would reduce leverage.Cant see why it would strain the lower pins much more.
Have you guys had any problems breaking the center piston , either on the plate or the ened of the rod , where it attaches to the U shaped mount?

That alot of abuse to break that plate I would think. Mine will not curl back if its to heavy. I have to set it down and curl back.

No chit , my guys are way to strong and abusive. No doubt.
They r a good bunch though.

Our Boxer 427 broke same spot, Still under warranty, Never happened with a Thomas BUT the Boxer lifts twice as much

dave, what do you know about ASV RC30....looks like it has its own mounting plate system

not much, they do have there own morfidite plate. Alot of guys really like those green turf track slicks, my 1cent .. Spendy, poor Visibility, Not a fan of Perkins Engs, might be the ticket for your hilly terrain though

Back