Tub grinders

Someone that used to put a penny on the railroad tracks graduated to a manhole cover in a grinder? That is rude.

With 100hp, a larger loader wouldn't be justified to feed it, although the lift height would be nice. I've considered the same idea, getting a small tub grinder, but the production output for the size material I produce wasn't remotely viable. Regrinding mulch would be feasible.

I think they have a big one set up at work or if they don't they will soon .

The last big old monster they brought in had an infeed conveyor with a metal detector to prevent feeding the thing bolts, strapping etc from big shipping dunnage they ground up .

I've had a HD8, a HD10 and an 860hp Earthsaver tub. The duratec machines are good, but my HD8 had a 300hp Deere in it. I would say a 100hp model would be painfully slow. They are horsepower hungry machines, thirsty too. What sort of $$ are you looking at spending Willy?

If you do go the grinder route, I would ditch your chipper and buy a grapple truck to do your jobs with, and batch grind all your waste.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was thinking I would at least down size my chipper if I went that route. Not really looking Ed, this just popped up and got me thinking about it. I didn't even know they made tubs you could pull behind a 1 ton so it required consideration.

Back