Summer heat and the 346XP

The 262XP power/weight ratio can't be compared to a 560XP, two different birds. Like I said about the 346XP having "one" of the best P/W ratio, the Stihl MS200T holds the title.

Well, you brought up the 346 to discussion... and it is not comparable.

The 262 was replaced by 357. 357 is to be replaced by 560/562. They are comparable, at least according to the MFG.
I have run 357 and 262 a bit more than I run the 560, so it isn't fair in that aspect.
But I ran the 562 in Birch that is denser than any Aspen you can find within 20 000km. Aspen is softwood in same class as spruce and pine here.
Birch is not soft here, but softer than the rest of the common hardwoods.

If you look in the video you see me and Matti cutting this in spruce too. Softer than the birch.

This had 13" bar... 60cc and 13".... It better cut.....
If you have same on 357 it will perform as good if not better. Weight is more than 346 and I think 357 too..

The reving is not FOT it is up and down the register.
First before the cuts to get a feel for it, then in middle to let air flow cool it as I was getting hot fingers from it. It got hot fast....
As I started cutting it had a spanking new 56 DL 20 BPX chain on it. 60cc saw!!!!!!!
You think it cuts impressive? I sure don't. I doubt it would perform different with 15". It would cut the same, perhaps 16" too (tat would be what to excpect from a 60cc perhaps 18" too..) , but balance would be off.
This has lower center point of weight than 357. Not a bad thing perhaps, but with longer bars it might effect....
Dolmar 5000 out cuts it. With 15" in same wood with new 21BPX chain.

Actually I didn't think it was pulling chips all that well even in the birch. I just thought it was snappy [quick acceleration] helped along by it's "rev boost" option for limbing. This is a small mount b/c saw like the 346 so stick with the shorter bars. A limbing demo with the 6 point limbing technique would have been better for the 560xp, which is what its suited for.
The large mount 562 has the option for longer b/c if needed.

562xp being used by a guy cutting like he is buck sawing.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dLBA7soWugk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Guys get into that back and forth saw hack attack movement and it seems a hard habit to get out of. My impression is that is often starts from cutting with a dull saw. That one in the vid seems sharp enough.

That young fellow was obviously inexperinced .Most of us would have walked over the top then down through in one fell swoop .---or maybe not ,everybody does it differently .

562 will not be a option here.

From the video posted it seems to perform the same as 560.
Chain is a bit aggressive it seems it snags and he move position to prevent it...

562xp being used by a guy cutting like he is buck sawing.
Guys get into that back and forth saw hack attack movement and it seems a hard habit to get out of. My impression is that is often starts from cutting with a dull saw. That one in the vid seems sharp enough.
For me, his back and forth movement isn't deliberate, as an "hand saw like" movement. He cuts the round in the middle of the bar, without using the dogs, and the chain grabs or lets go alternatively. I can't see a muscular effort in his arms to pull and push the chainsaw.
Rooky user for sure.

Back