Stihl MS880 ported.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kevin, if I wasn't trying to get into this house purchase then it wouldn't be for sale anyway. I'm hoping I can put the deal together without selling the saw, but if the saw has to go then I can live without it. I've had it for 6 months and haven't used it since that one job the week I got it. It's a toy for me rather than a tool, and the house is more important than toys right now.

It's a toy for me rather than a tool, and the house is more important than toys right now.

Exactly know where your coming from. I had 4 084, 3 166, 2 3120. I'm down to 2 084 now and will dwindle them down in time too. There's more to life then playing with chainsaws :lol: ;)

If you were to advertise it at the milling discussions at the various woodworking forums, someone would likely get interested. I wonder about a modded saw for milling, running consistently hard like they do? I've only used stock for milling.

It would hold up better than a stock one, mostly because it would run cooler. Stock saws burn up from running too lean and the mufflers being too restrictive. Modded means longer life, not shorter.

I don't think that this is really the place for this discussion, but it can go both ways. You are right about the running cooler, but pushing the rpms and say also with more compression and a lightened piston, some vulnerability has been created as well. i recall Timberwolf mentioning how someone can more easily burn up a modded saw by pushing it with a dull chain. Better to run a bit richer fuel mix he recommended at one point. That is somewhat different from the situation of milling with a sharp chain, but milling is demanding on a saw, no doubt about it. Depends on the type of mod, is what I'm thinking. Probably torque over revs is better.

Please stop opining that modded saws are less durable than stock saws in my thread. Please. Your discussion is completely out of line considering I'm trying to sell my saw. And yes, my saw was modded for torque.

Skwerlito, if you get to the point where you need the $1500 to close the deal you can count on me for it. I dont really need it but WTF Im flush and its for a good cause...

I'd bet if we put it up on the "other" site it'd be gone in a heartbeat. But I sure don't feel like dealing with them at the moment!
Sorry B, I'm no help.

If Paul is willing to let me pawn it to him for 6 months then that would be preferable to losing it. I just know that as soon as I get in the new house that I'll have a ton of new expenses, not to mention the expenses involved in renting out my current house. I expect the old credit cards to get a good workout.

Glad it sold in spite of me.

Had crazy priest thinking about it, but his conclusion is that his Husky is big enough.

Have another guy that said he would be getting back to me today about it. In any event, I'll tell him it's no longer available. Even with two bills for shipping, that would be an incredibly cheap price here. Haven't priced the model, but they probably go for something like four grand, and likely a special order that would require waiting to get one shipped over.

Back