splicing tenex and such

Thanks, I'll try that. I was looking around for a spool of Spider Wire (fishing line, super strong) that I had and saw just a month ago. Now I can't remember where I saw it.

Brion Toss' website shows a pack of 5 for $10. The kicker is they only ship UPS and it shows UPS ground to Hawaii is over $22. That pack must weigh less than 4 ounces.

I would just spend a little time to make your own.

You might wanna call toss ask. I know they used to send them via 1st class mail...maybe for free.

Waitaminute!!! PM me your address. Snare will be on it's way!

love
nick

Thanks for the offer Nick, but the loops are easy enough for me to make, on the other hand, if you want to make me a whoopie sling and send it over.......:D

Just kidding. I appreciate your advice and won't hesitate to pick your brain when I need more help.

Hi Koa man, This is a photo of a 16 strand splice i tested against a bowline. I tied the bowline to a powerpole and shackled the splice to the truck then drove off slowly. the rope broke in the bowline and the splice didnt move a bit(i marked it). the splice wasnt lock stitched.:)

Attachments

• splice test.jpg
    splice test.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 67
I figure the same thing would happen if I put my non factory spec'd splice up against a bowline. I would think the bowline would break first, the splice 2nd, and the straight rope would be the last to give. On the other hand, if my splice gave before the bowline, I would have to rethink my method of doing it because then I wouldn't have any idea of how strong it really is unless I put it on a machine that could measure the force. If it is stronger than the bowline, then I would have 100% confidence in it, enough to make it for other people.

Thanks, I'll try that. I was looking around for a spool of Spider Wire (fishing line, super strong) that I had and saw just a month ago. Now I can't remember where I saw it.

Brion Toss' website shows a pack of 5 for $10. The kicker is they only ship UPS and it shows UPS ground to Hawaii is over $22. That pack must weigh less than 4 ounces.

http://www.gypoclimber.com/showthread.php?t=10549

love
nick

Thanks for posting the video Nick. I already made a snare from the Beeline core the day after I read about it. I'll sure it will work great.

Back