operating an aerial lift

ha, anything that is rented out to anyone who can pay for it, and is maintained by the local rental "mechanic" has a "mixed safety record"

I am renting one again this Sat.

a couple things...

Just because the machine will level enough to operate doesn't mean it's safe...use your head, observe what kind of ground (how solid/ how level) the outriggers are on. You may need pads under the outriggers on softer ground.

If the machine looks like it's been through hell....it probably has...check out how the machinery looks, in person, before actually renting.

These style lifts will not insulate you from grounding a conductor...I suggest staying away from elec. also...If you must trim by wires use only approved non-conductive tools , know what the voltage is, and learn the minimum separation for that voltage (for the untrained/non-qualified it's never less than ten feet for you or the machine).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks again, guys. You are taking good care of me!

I'll try only to work from the most level surfaces I can find and keep my wits sharp!

One more time for good measure: ALL ELECTRICAL LINES IN THE DEVELOPMENT ARE UNDERGROUND. ;)

Never know when one may venture beyond "the development", hence the friendly reminders:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hear ya, Dave!

If I "venture beyond the development," I'll actually be charging someone money to do treework! Not an impossible development, but it WOULD represent a whole new frontier! :lol:

Back