O-rings ?

flushcut

TreeHouser
What are all y'all using for o-rings in your hydro systems? I have been using a nitrile o-ring but they seem to fail sooner than later. I am not sure if they are just a cheap set or the wrong material.
Any good brands to use?

Depends on the application.

Nitrile and Buna are good to 250* F
Viton is good to 400-440* F

It's exceedingly rare to have an o ring fail without the fitting getting loose, assuming it was the right seal (type and construction) for the application. Where are you using these o rings?

Viton is way more chemical resistance too but probably doesn’t apply to your application. Avoid cheap (Chinese) rings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's exceedingly rare to have an o ring fail without the fitting getting loose, assuming it was the right seal (type and construction) for the application. Where are you using these o rings?
I think it is the operators presence switch valve body on my s800tx mini. I have replaced it (o-ring) before but I'm thinking the o-ring set I bought is garbage. The valve is really just hand tight. It's a messy 20 minute job but easy.

In theory an o-ring is defined as an "automatic seal " .Meaning the higher the pressure the tighter the seal .Depending on the application some use an additional backer with the o-ring .

Back