large drill bits

Altissimus

TreeHouser
Two bits for cable / brace work 1" x54" never used, 3/4" x 46" ... the first has a 1/4 shaft with cutters on the last 4 3/4" ifor finishing long ones ... the second 1/2" shaft with cutters 37 1/2"... first came frome Home Cheapo and was never used , the second came from Karl Kummerlings used once .... just don't do this work. Best reasonable offer.... can email photos. MpRiley's used drill would make a nice package with these...on a flat bench roll test they are true (not bent) thanks Dave

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just took a tape to the augers ... this is at least a sixteenth over 3/4" ... designed for install of 3/4 rods

Sounds good over here Nick... I can check how much shipping costs. If it works out is the bit going to L.A. ?

I'm gonna keep rocking my 20v Dewalt cordless. I'll start the day with fresh batteries and bring the charger just in case. If this don't work, I will try and buy a BT45. (saw someone here had a used one)

love
nick

Didn't get to UPS today, all packaged and ready though ... when I did use the thing I rented a Tanaka drill ... will probably ship tomorrow, will let ya know ... Dave

Even though I only used it once that drill worked well, when I was checking around the Stihl actually looked a little better ... the rental guy said the drill mostly went out (one contractactor) who used an earth auger to seasonally plant bulbs for landscape

I've been happy with my Tanaka (have had it since 1991, though it got a gearbox overhaul and needed three gas caps in that time).
I had put up a photo a couple years ago of a bit we made up from a length of stainless and a socket and a 48" long 13/16" arborist bit.
Not sure which thread it was, but the resulting bit was just about nine feet long.
Welded the socket to the bit, and when we were done cut through the weld so we'd still have our much more useable 48" bit.

I've been happy with my Tanaka (have had it since 1991, though it got a gearbox overhaul and needed three gas caps in that time).
I had put up a photo a couple years ago of a bit we made up from a length of stainless and a socket and a 48" long 13/16" arborist bit.
Not sure which thread it was, but the resulting bit was just about nine feet long.
Welded the socket to the bit, and when we were done cut through the weld so we'd still have our much more useable 48" bit.

Just hook the bit up to your wraptor!

Indeed. When working for the phoney company I used the power auger for setting pole steps whenever I could. Man that thing saved a lot of work. Imagine boring a hard Celon pole by hand 16 times to step it. Ugh!

Back