Jonsered 2152 gripe

emr

Cheesehead Treehouser
We bought one of these this past summer to use as a mid size saw on the ground and a larger/ish saw for up in the tree. So far it have worked out pretty well, but I have noticed a couple of things I really dont like about it.

1.The anti-vibe system seems to be sub-par compared to Stihls. I notice it just about all the time, but especially in dead wood. I can cut for about 10 minutes before my hands just ache from all of the vibrations.

2.The saw is very cold blooded. During the summer and fall months the saw always seemed to start hard at first but would start up fairly easy after that. Now that it is cold out, it starts super hard at first and after the letting it sit not running for about 15minutes, you have to start all over again, just like you have not ran the saw all day. My old trusty Stihl 170 starts way better than the J-red.... what gives?

Are these common problems with Jonsered or do I just have a "Monday saw"?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh yeah, I was half considering getting the Jonsered top handle saw for my next climbing saw, but now I am not so sure. Anyone use those?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have not made any changes to the idles or anything for that matter. Maybe I will do that today since it wont be getting out of single digets today. It should be a good test for cold weather starts.

First step is to dial in the carb. Every saw sold in the last 5-10 years is set as lean as possible in order to meet EPA standards. They barely run from the day you buy them until you properly adjust the carb. They put limiter caps on the jets to keep us from setting them correctly, so you will have to deal with that if the proper setting is outside of the limited range of the caps.

Back