DCS-2500t

SeanKroll

Treehouser
For my saw and a sprocket from Monkey Beaver. I'll swap my Stihl 1/4" chain and bar.

Stoked!

Attachments

• 20221210_172512.jpg
    20221210_172512.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
I'm interested in hearing what you think of it, especially compared to the 2511t if you have one.

I haven’t ran a 2511 yet but I had a 2500t. She is great for pruning. Once you get past 6in diameter wood the saw really gets too slow and kills the batteries way too fast. I remember one day where I stripped out three pine trees with 1.5 batteries. All the limbs were under 4in. Then a week later just two decent sized oak limbs 10-12in diameter killed a battery. I get into 8-16in wood too quickly for me to justify taking it to all my jobs.

I've got two now (thanks to tiny hulk). They're awesome. I don't even use the 2511 anymore. I keep one for climbing and one handy by the chipper to cripple limbs.

i know some people who have them, crazy light. they use 8 inch panther bars. the only issue is the batteries, some quit working.
i will probably replace my 160t stihl whenever it stops working..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can 2500t's only run the 2.5ah batteries, not 5 ah batteries?

Wondering if a battery from the dcs-5000 would be interchangeable, one- way, or both.

The 5000 can take the smaller battery, but the 2500 would have to be modded for the larger.

cjYcxR4.png

I don't think you'd want the larger battery even if you could make it fit. It would throw off the balance of the saw completely. Battery life is not bad at all if you use the saw for it's intended purpose. Start chunking a bunch of wood down and it will go quickly

Back