climbrite spurs with caddy pads?

WoodCutr

Treehouser
got to look at and hold a set of climbrite spurs earlier, just wondering, would my caddy pads fit over the shank on them? I didnt have my pads with me to check, the aluminum is thicker at the bottom, and the sleeves looked like the same as my buckinghams's but not sure
TIA

TreeStuff says no.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks, could swear I read some time ago on here that someone got a set to work with a little filing

I work in Florida and it's friggin hot here 9 months out of the year. I always thought the Caddy pads were nice in the store but hot and bulky in the trees. I found the Buckingham shin cup pads to have the same comfort without the bulky, hot foam pad.

If I were still climbing I'd keep the Buckingham gaffs and buy the shin cup pads. Proven comfort, no regrets.

That's what I have. Haven't used anything else to compare, but I wouldn't consider anything else if I were buying another set. Comfortable, and zero problems.

I LOVE the caddy pads, and I dont just work in the cold

next time im in the store ill try and remember to measure the sleeves, if they are a little too large to fit the caddy pads I have no problem filing them out to fit, if there is some other bigger reason then I wont get them, I like the steel ones anyways, and am skeptical about the extra material under my foot, only reason id buy the climbrites over buckingham steel is 1: they are available locally, and 2: they are light, like super light

ive already spent $100 on pads, that arent even broke in yet, gonna get something that will work on them

You thought about getting the replacement tree spurs for yours and grind them down so the point sits level with the bottom of the stirrup? Make it a hybrid I guess.

nah, the 1 3/4 I have sat nearly flush with the stirrup, screwed up while sharpening, so thats $80, and the pole gaffs arent long enough for me, and my preferences ETC, the extra inch is allot

You thought about getting the replacement tree spurs for yours and grind them down so the point sits level with the bottom of the stirrup? Make it a hybrid I guess.
This falls into the category of "a very bad idea", I think. It would be impossible to carry the proper point profile that far up into the taper.

Back