Cabling question for Ohio Champ American Basswood

Some cables and bolts we installed last year.... :shifty:

c64c61cf8794439ee5b7ab5ebad6f4ac.jpg
1b99899c767e20ba6ba9c076f6541ab9.jpg
feed92911f5efb49263d4e5e63d45cd1.jpg

Looks like one of those trees genetically predisposed to have bad crotches in every friggin crotch!

Jomo

Yeah, Modesto ash, someone charged them $1500 for those cables and bolts last year. My boys are removing it today

Just having fun, very few cabling jobs here are done correctly, with proper materials or in the right location.

I feel I should up my cable/brace pricing. I should make more to do it right than those that don't do any part of it right...

Huge looking bolt high up in that tree. The BMP is $10, but reading is so dam hard to do...

That's a rope I think you're seeing. We tied that split leader together a week or so before the removal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just a quick update. The owner of the tree emailed me to let me know that Bartlett came out the other day to look at the tree. The owner said that the representative told her that he didn't know what to tell her except that he was going to research it and figure out what to do from there.

She said it looks like the split has opened up a little over the last month and they're not comfortable letting people climb it right now.

A quick reply to her urging that temporary ropes to hold it together be placed 2/3rds the height of the tree by somebody, Bartlett, another tree co, anybody, asap?

Jomo

good idea. O and I hope they can wait for a 2nd opinion (which might mean better work at half the cost).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mid Ohio Tree put five new cables and hardware at around 30', 40', 50', 60' and 70'. They put larger cables with thimbles in place of the smaller broken cables that didn't have thimbles.