025 fuel line replacement question

rskybiz

TreeHouser
Can the factory formed one be replaced with normal fuel line or must a new formed one be used/ installed? And any tricks to make it simpler. Picked one up today along with a small Troy built back pack blower, hand held troy built blower, DR swivel string trimmer
and a older green Heavy Poulan. A score after an estimate turned good before the new job starts. Older fellow moving, flagged me as I was leaving the estimate would not take anything:D

Also sorry for Sthil being an idiot regarding these saws;)

Stihl often makes their fuel lines different sizes on the two ends so you cannot easily replace it with standard tubing. A lot of them also have molded in grommets to fit into the hole in the tank. It can be done, but may require more fiddling than you're willing to do. I'd recommend just getting the OEM fuel line. The new ones should be more ethanol resistant as well.

And check the impulse line while you're in there. That can be replaced with standard fuel tubing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cool Brian I'll do just that! any knowledge of it in general? I know the O26's are good from others reiviews.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Got a IPL this am and a hose she's good to go! I am rather impressed with it once I put the new non home owner chain. One more question for whom ever.
How trusting are any of you on a lanyard on the saw? As it is all plastic I plan to put a nylon loop runner and ring (choked) on the other end done in the same fashion.

Back