Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sena module dropped off and disappeared into ivy hedge

Acolyte of the short bar Sponsor Bermy's Avatar

Ohh wish I'd thought of that...too much time has gone by now. Does anyone think a magnet might work?
    Keep smiling, they will wonder what you're up to...

Originally Posted by woodworkingboy
    It's always better when people get the feeling that they will regret their decision, before they have to regret their decision.

Not sure how much ferrous metal is those things , but I re-roofed here and spent a bit of time with two different magnets , amazing how close you have to get the magnet to get it.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

That sounds like no.

Metal detector. I am the guy who lends one out here. Bet there is someone there you could borrow one from. My cheap ass one has found a lot. I should upgrade. Shopped around but have a hard time spending that much on a good one. Don't really treasure hunt. Guess I could take it up. Cheap one is $100. They go up to over $1000. I have the cheap Walmart $100. Found my cell phone in the snow once. Hay loft another time. If you think treasure hunting could be fun look at high end.

Treehouser Sponsor sawinredneck's Avatar

Rental places have them for rent around here. Had to rent one to find my property stakes when laying out my building, it was around $25 a day. Worth asking about.

Acolyte of the short bar Sponsor Bermy's Avatar

INdeed, There is a chap who does it...he found some celb's ring a while back, I'm going to try and track him down.
    Keep smiling, they will wonder what you're up to...

Originally Posted by woodworkingboy
    It's always better when people get the feeling that they will regret their decision, before they have to regret their decision.

Fi , you ever find it ?

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Update!!!

General Purpose Sponsor Stumpshot's Avatar

Mine fell off my helmet the other day on a job, went to go dump, then realized it an hour or two later as we were rolling up tools & ropes. Walked all around, couldn't find it. Probably had been in the Juniper bush rakings, gonzo forever. Enjoyed radio silence for 2 days before getting another one off a defunct helmet. Really terrible design, that model -- actual turn button volume knob that sticks out the back of the helmet, can snag on branches & limbs, and the clip mechanism is pretty weak.

THE CALM ONE!!!! Sponsor squisher's Avatar

I've ordered a pair of the scala packtalks for biking. Curious if anyone is using them for treework? Waterproof, not water resistant, auto re pairing once done the first time, some fancy new digital mesh system as well as Bluetooth for enhanced connectivity, stream music and talk at the same time, speakers that plug in so you can swap them out to whatever you like, up to 15 units can pair. Seems all round superior to senas(which I had for treework). I'll report back once I've used them some.