Wraptor Rope

Burnham

Woods walker
Paul, as I recall you have All Gear making the rope you supply with the Wraptor...correct?

I'd like to know the specs for this line. Stuff like materials used, tensile strength, percentage strecth under working load, construction details.

This might be something you'd want to consider including in the instructions packet.

C'mon now a experienced hand like yours should be able to tell most of those things from giving a good tug on the end.

:P

7/16" to 9/16", (depending on whether wet or dry), 350# to 8000# break strength (depending on whether old or new), roughly 10% stretch, (depending on whether you pull easy or hard), mostly orange (depending on whether clean or dirty), and manufactured in China or Mexico (depending on whether you live on the east or west coast)......all rather dependent on the whether.....:/:

B yes it is made by by Atlantic Braids who's distributor is All Gear. All I know is it has a rated MBS of 8600lbs and has 7% elongation at 10%.

Im sure I could get further specs from All Gear.

One thing I will say which surprised me is the rope doesn't get worn out / frayed up even after years of use......

Back when I was using Carl's Wraptor, I used it once to run up 9/16" Stable Braid to untie it. Worked like a charm. Paul, do you have minimum/maximum recommended rope sizes?

7/16 to 5/8 however I am told that they work fine on 10mm:what:

B forgot to mention it has a polyester jacket for durability with a nylon core for energy absorption . I can personally attest to the energy absorption both from tests and experience. Dropped 10 feet one time and truly didn't feel a thing......Now Ropetek doesn't endorse such activities:|:

To be honest B I have never used it for anything but Wraptoring. This was also part of my reasoning with having it so stretchy was "Joe Bob" wouldn't use it for rigging blocks of wood and then go back to ascending. Have thought about using it for lanyards as I sometimes have off cuts but haven't gotten round to changing my lanyard in years.....

LOL, when I first saw your post I thought you said "Sketchy"......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No sir! I know better than that.

Thanks for the info. I'll want to be able to answer inqueries about that rope...seems whenever I'm running a course or workshop, those sorts of questions come up.

So is it a standard kernmatle construction, or a double braid?

Just curious Paul, is the Wraptor rope a specific rope they constructed for you, or is it something they already produce, they just do batches in the Wraptor colors?

no it is not otherwise produced, I spent what for me was a fair amount of money trying out different configurations of rope. Some of you guys who bought early units have slightly different rope than what is now standard. The Wraptor works on most ropes but ours has the tightly woven jacket which helps it stand up to the gripping method and the nylon core to absorb energy generated in falls and more importantly is orange and black.....;)

Interesting side note Samson wanted me to order $50,000 of rope just to get a vendor discount and would not even do custom colors....

Yale wouldn't work with me either, I wanted to order 10,000' and they wouldn't do a custom color of existing rope let alone custom rope. I understand 10,000' is nothing for them but for me it was a chunk o change.....

Im no splicer so don't really know. Contact Allgear or since you are in Canada Atlantic Braids they would be able to tell you.

Back