• Replies 17
  • Views 3K
T

top hopper

anyone seen this?

Warning graphic footage!!

http://www.isarf.org/todd-endris.htm

pageheader02.jpg

Top, that is amazing the guy survived. I have heard, and obviously not true, that once a shark hit you, he would relize you are not fish food. That shark was in a frenzy and hit him a couple of times. Thank god for the dolphins.

Good out come for this story, he got some scares, and did't lose any limbs.
See Ya
Mike

Too bad he didn't die.

He barely gets out alive, and now is almost bragging about it.

The message should be, don't swim with sharks, moron.

Frans, what are you talking about?

I've personally watched a close friend get attack by a 18ft great white fifty feet from me and trust me you don't wish that on anyone... it's about as scary and humbling as it gets.

This guy still surfs, my friend she still surfs the same spot as well, and I still surf. Just like tree climbing you accept a certain level of risk and have to be prepared to deal with the consequences... but you don't wish anyone to die in the process.

jp:D

Too bad he didn't die.

He barely gets out alive, and now is almost bragging about it.

The message should be, don't swim with sharks, moron.

Frans you are a cranky SOB . .. so your saying, don't swim in the ocean period?

Hell of a story, wonder what the dolphin connection really is

I'm sorry, you are perfectly correct. I dive for Abalone once or twice a year and spent my youth surfing.

So no, I dont wish that one anyone. Thank you for the correction. I imagined that happening to me after you said that, and Yuck! It would be worse to die from eating rat poison, but not much.

I do however think that the danger is overlooked, even ignored. These guys are surfing in an area known for sharks, and just blow off the danger. Same as the kayakers in Tomales Bay.

Same as the hikers who end up charging into the wilderness and getting lost or eaten by a grizzly.

I dont have alot of sympathy.

Hell of a story, wonder what the dolphin connection really is

Well, we have probably all heard of this type of protection from dolphins, so it is nothing new. The thing to know is, that just because there are dolphins in the area, you are NOT safe from a shark attack. The dolphins are probably feeding, and where there are fish to be had, sharks are going to be there also, feeding.

Until you get bitten by a snake sunning on a ledge. There is a risk in anything you do, somethings just have a greater risk than others. Look at the croc hunter who would have though a ray would kill a human.
See Ya
Mike

I think that when you enter the ocean you are essentially becoming part of the food chain. Still all in all probably safer than driving an automobile.

Great posts ! We can't live under a rock >>> there'd probably be something there waiting, anyways !!!

We had a guy get his head bit off here a couple of years ago. Great White attack. A week later his head washed up on the beach. Guess the shark didn't like it.

I was an avid diver for about 6 years and gave it up after a few scary encounters, burst ear drums and so on. That ocean is a rough environment, man. Much nicer to just stand back and look at it.

Burns deep because the salt water enters the inner ear and comes out the Eustachian tube in the throat. Kind of sounds line a balloon flying around the room and you lose your balance. Can be bad if an infection starts. I was lucky in that respect. Once you rupture your ear drums you're highly susceptible to it again, at lower pressures.

heals up in a matter of days, unless infection occurs.

Back