$185 "Pole Chainsaw"

• Thread starter Knotahippie
  • Start date
  • Replies 25
  • Views 4K
K

Knotahippie

My Stihl power pruner took a shat last month. Was going to drop the $700 for a new one but I won't use it very often.

So I broke down and got one of those cheepo Maxtra power pruners off of Ebay instead.

I'm expecting to be pretty disapointed within a week or less, we'll see.

Any TH reviews? :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
2 cycle.

The funny part is on the gas tank it says 40:1.

In the instructions it says 25:1...WTF over?

Those cheapies do OK for what they are .My Poulan does what I want it to but I'm not a pro trimmer so it wouldn't be used as much as somebody that uses one on a daily bassis .

They aren't made tough enough to take much abuse so be carefull .

Update...

Used the thing TWO days and it it's fu#%ed up!

I gotta' look at it this week.

Oh yeah, I got an e-mail back saying it was 25:1.

So what, don't pay attention to the 40:1 stickers on the tank and lid?

That's an old game played by many manufacturers to try and con you into using their own brand of oil. If you use 'their' brand, it's 50-1 but if you use any other brand then it's 25-1. This is an illegal tactic and will violate the emissions requirements as well as foul your spark plug.

If you want to rehash the same old oil mix discussions, I'm sure GASoline71 Gary or Al Smith can point you in the right direction. ;)

And as far as the POS cheapo pruner breaking within the first 2 weeks, did you expect any less? :what:

I was hoping for a year or two at least...dang it!

Cheap tools are rarely cheap. Quality tools are rarely expensive. The $700 Stihl pruner is looking pretty good at less than $1 per day if it dies after beating on it for 2 years, huh? That POS cost you how much per minute of use?

The saw...

So what's up with the difference in oils?

Any suggestions for good links I could check out?

You guys are a bunch of heartless envirokillers. I scavenge the local Burger King grease pit for my oil. Much more politically correct.

Simply not paying any more taxes then you legally have to makes a huge savings. Takes alot of work tho to figure it out.

Back