Video editing for Linux?

Dave Shepard

Square peg, round world.
I'm trying to get a few videos on line, and I've never worked with them before. This machine is a Linux OS, and I don't seem to have any video editing software. Any help would be appreciated. I'm hoping there is some thing open source I can scrounge off the web. I plan on uploading to YouTube, I'm sure that'll be an adventure in itself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks. I'll also get my sister on it, she's the Tech Support for this machine, and the major proponent of Linux. I also support anything that is a thorn in uncle Bill's side.:evil:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So this whole video editing thing is driving me mad. I guess it is a LInux weakness. We've got Cinelerra downloaded, but I'm totally lost now.

I can relate. I'm trying to comprehend and set up a stock screening program. I read about a very effective strategy on my stock forum and all I gotta do is punch it in and run it, yet I'm having an incredible amount of difficulty getting it set up. I finally had to just close it out. If I could be guaranteed millions of dollars by running this program, I'd still die broke. :(

Back