Tree Removal Permit Fees

• Thread starter Mr. Sir
  • Start date
  • Replies 20
  • Views 3K
M

Mr. Sir

The City of Tampa, Florida just revised their fee structure for tree permits. The cost for a removal permit is now $99.00 per tree, up from $33.00 for 3 trees. A "Grand Tree" removal permit is now $286.00 if the tree is considered hazardous and $514.00 if it is non-hazardous. A Grand Tree pruning permit is $286.00

Crazy, huh?

I bid a job for a guy whos oversees DC's permits.....something like 30$ per inch on the circumference for a healthy tree:\:. Hazard trees where a free permit but required approval

Meh, I would use it to my advantage. After working the price into the bid I would tell the client " The price is _____ and that includes the city's permit fee" - make it sound like I was doing them a favor.

I'll be sure to let our local politicians know about this. That way they can create more revenue for the city's coffers in this slow economic times.

Bogus. I hate that kind of bs, if I own my piece of property I sure as hell own the trees on them and will do whatever the hell I want with them.

No worries there Paul. If anything, I'll be heading north. 8)

People and me don't mix. The older I get the more of a disdain I hold for the general populus. Wimps, wusses, and useless putzs for the most part is what I see. People that wouldn't survive if survival wasn't handed to them. Weak.

In the end it is really just another tax on the small business man. Sure you can pass it on to the customer, but how many jobs do you lose or how much less do you work for? Short-sighted dumbass politicians.

It will also result in less 'Grand Trees' in the future because people will cut them down before they get big enough to be regulated. And if they have to pay a fee whether they kill it or trim it, then many may choose to kill it simply so that they won't have to pay another fee in 5 years.

Bogus. I hate that kind of bs, if I own my piece of property I sure as hell own the trees on them and will do whatever the hell I want with them.

Good luck with that down here. hahahhahaha I totally agree with you, but down here, they think they govern the trees on your property.

Brett, those fees seem way to high, but like KOA said, they are creating $$ for the City.

They only think they are; in reality, people will just have less work done, and their revenue will stay the same, while more tree guys go bust.

Just the thing to boost an already dead economy.

They only think they are; in reality, people will just have less work done, and their revenue will stay the same, while more tree guys go bust.

Just the thing to boost an already dead economy.

my thoughts also

... not to mention a lot more trees being evaluated as a "HAZARD" ???
Crap-o-la.
Michigan is still trying to implement a sales tax on tree service(s). Phuggers.

Back