Skunk smell remover

• Thread starter JamesTX
  • Start date
  • Replies 26
  • Views 3K
J

JamesTX

Does anyone have a good one? My dog got sprayed this weekend and is banished to the backyard until I can get the smell off.

#10 cans of tomato sauce and there is also shampoos for dogs at the pet or feed stores for skunk. They work best together. Katy also said that if it is a long haired dog... Groomers!... LOL

Tomato juice is what I used. I got sprayed once and my clothes smelled OK after a few washings.

James, having been through this several times before, I learned alot about it.

A skunk's spray will oxidize on the fur if left to dry. The trick is to clean the dog as fast as possible.

The product I use, which also works for cleaning cat pee or any other obnoxious smell is:

Attachments

• skunk-odor-remover-1-quart.jpg
    skunk-odor-remover-1-quart.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 50
Tomato Juice to neutralize the antigenalisticfantitanacious acid !!!!!!:lol::lol:or Fabreeze !!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Unfortunately, it happened at night and I culdn't give the dog a bath until the next afternoon. I gave ti a few baths using a kids shampoo (no tears) and then a mix of dish detergent, baking soda, and hydro-peroxide. He still ahs an odor, but he should be allowed back inside tonight.

I'll head over to Pet Smart and pick up some of Frans' recommendation.

I've tried tomato juice in the past and had no luck with it.

I have heard baking soda with a little peroxid/water.....followed up by tomato juice...sucks...you gotta new hat now?

Dogs ,because they are dogs like roll around in dead animals .Find one for the dog to play with .It would smell a sight better than skunk .

Now the summers eve thing might have some merit to it without going into further details .Buy a case of it .

They don't have skunks on the island here, so I've tried to describe the smell to people. The closest I can come up with is, "Like old tires burning". Better description?

Shoot, Balut tastes GREAT! If you don't like it, it's only because you didn't try it - unless you hate the taste of chicken. It's just kinda gross looking.

Now that damned kimchi,I don't know .Why is it that anybody that has a steady diet of the stuff starts to smell like it .:?

Back