Official Guns Thread

I inherited a custom tailored Remmington Wingmaster 870, with Lyman poly-choke, from my grandad. By genetic anomaly, my grandfather and I are the same dimensions, so the gun fits me like a glove. Comb height, length of pull, it's all perfect for me. But it's my daughter's now, and someday, I'll have a stock built for her, once she stops growing.

Burnham, in regards to handsome guns, surely you'll know what I'm talking about when I say 1958 Superposed Lightning, Diana Grade?

Update #2: FN America sent the gun back, saying they can't fix it. I took it to a local gunsmith who fixed it right up for me. Shot 6 test rounds with no problems. We'll see how she holds up at the next round of sporting Clays.
I took the FN to sporting clays this afternoon for its first workout since the repair. On the 16th shot, and no misses, it fell apart again. :X

That sucks. Not difficult to silver solder that back on, their location might have been off a smidge, stressing it.
I had the same thing happen on a inexpensive o/u .410.
Loved that gun, fit me like a glove, I was deadly with it. The firing pins failed to retract, gun wouldn't open. I broke it open over my knee, breaking the clip off.
Took it in for repair, had it fixed and consigned it for sale...

Ed

I haven't been looking for anything
But my friend has this old revelation 12 gauge for 100.00 if i want it
IMG_20240302_101901.jpg
I'm going to look at it when I'm off work
No idea on the double barrel
I don't know if it's for sale or not.

These are funView attachment 131492
It took me near 7 month's to finally find one locally it's a Taurus tx .22 compact
View attachment 131493
I bought a couple of red dots to try I've never had one on a pistol View attachment 131494
Also put one on a 9mm shield plus
They seem to help me focus I have astigmatisms
Taurus has a three free mag and a range bag when you buy a tx.22
And smith still has three free mag's also when you buy a shield plus or EZ series.
Wasted money on dots i bought primary arms,crimson trace and cylee cat dots
Each of them worked perfectly but with my astigmatism
I'm far better with open sights IMG_20231112_120744.jpg
The kids like the dots so i left them on the pistols
She'd never shot a pistol much before and did very good with the red dot sighted pistols IMG_20231112_130020.jpg
She got a 6 point last deer season.

FOID card? WTF kinda commie bullshit is that, I mean besides being totally unconstitutional?

FOID card? WTF kinda commie bullshit is that, I mean besides being totally unconstitutional?
It's ok, they took those people's cards away but not their guns, so they're back to being constitutional now. :lol:

Oh I'm not for it by any means, but frankly it's not that big of a deal to me personally, I've had one forever. I do agree that they should be issued automatically to everyone and then revoked when people lose their gun rights by committing felonies, as their original purpose was to quickly identify who can and can't legally buy guns and ammo. Since the digital age and waiting period stuff it's pretty much outdated and pointless, but they won't change that with how many people we kill here ;) I will add that illinois has over 3 times the number of legal gun owners than wv does, you have a higher percentage of the population with guns but we're just a bit bigger. That number explodes when you include all the illegal ones of course, which are the ones usually used in crimes, and Chicago has always been awash with illegal firearms

About 20 years ago I got a little desktop cannon kit from the thriftshop; brand new. I still haven't put it together. I think it's .44. I should get it assembled.

Back