Would you sell a 200t?

flushcut

TreeHouser
Just putting it out there. Not really interested in selling but I had a guy offer me $1100.00 more than I paid for it 10 years ago. Believe me it is tempting.

No way. Got a 2511 and it's awesome and all but not a replacement for a 200t or 020t. I'll keep mine

A new 200T in the box would be worth serious coin.....maxin out at about 1500 USD.

My new 201T has performed well, but the anti-vibes way too loose n weak, and needs serious firming up.

The 200T's still the best removal top handled chainsaw ever made!

Too bad their mufflers invariably rattle loose under heavy use......

Everything's got a weak point I guess..........

Jomo

I'm not in the biz...so for me it's more along the lines of "sell my 046, 064, or 361 ?"

Basic answer...no way.

Not what might be the same for those in a money make or break situation.

Last edited:
Well, my favorite saw is my 2511. It's absolutely unreplaceable. A lighter saw isn't made. If they were NLA, and someone offered me $1k more than I paid, I'd learn to get used to the 1# extra of the 271t

No. I use my saws until they die or the cost of repair is too high. Then they go to chainsaw purgatory at my shop. At that point they're just spare parts.

Sold my perfectly running 020T awhile back , a hundred bucks to a good friend who only climbs trees with ladders ... Carcasses on Ebay sell for over four hundred

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't sell yours Rajan, you'll need it again.

Just tell that guy to call me, I've got three good ones I might consider selling.
Yeah I'll do that what's your number I can pass it on.
Shipping might be a deal breaker.

Mine’s collecting dust these days, poor neglected old gal, just needs an AV buffer and haven’t gotten around to buying the part. It’s a fine saw, reliable. I have a pretty new MS201TC M-Tronic that I like very much, and I also really like this MS192TC, it’s nice for pruning, and smaller removals.

I’m not totally opposed to selling my 200T, but I’d probably keep it unless we’re talking stupid high EBay like price.
If I got enough for another MS201TCM and a few new chains, I’d probably part with it.

"Seller refurbished". For that kind of money, I'd hope it was 100% oem, but you never know til you get it. If that's really what they're getting, you'd probably do even better Scott with brand new saws.

Right now, supply chain issues are forcing guys to repair/refurbish old saws where possible, as new saws are getting difficult to come by. Repeated to me by 2 local shops and their mechanics. So those kind of prices for working saws of that caliber are not to be unexpected.

A local Stihl dealer calls my little bud Tom every time he gets a 200T or 020T in . He picks them up for around $ 250-300 .Last I heard he had about half a dozen .I have two myself and I'm not a trimmer .One is bone stock ,one I added a can of soup to .That one is a bumble bee with an attitude .As far as the newer so called low emission Stihl saws ,441 201T etc . sorry sports fans I'm not impressed .

I’ve run Carl’s 201T and I know another tree guy who’s had a couple. No issues that I’m aware of. But the negative feedback when they first came out was the reason I bought up a bunch. I had ten at one time. Four were brand new, the rest bought used/like new/lightly used.

Back