Who’s up for getting down

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Given the format Id guess OTJ

Re the job, might be kinda cool wrecking chit in an already wrecked area.

I imagine you'd be black at the end of the day, as I'm usually some shade of brown after a day in someone's backyard

Hot, dry, dirty, and dangerous. Not sure what I think about that. I guess what happens to the tree doesn't really matter as long as it's down, and you didn't crush yourself. Good practice falling without worrying about ruining saw logs.

I wonder how the money is

He sure does have awesome stuff there. And he's got a lot of followers who have awesome clickable stuff too

3 miles in 45 minutes with a 45 pound pack? I'm calling bs on that.
No BS. It's called the 'Arduous Pack Test'

I have to do 3miles in 45 minutes with 33lbs. I get a reduction in weight to carry because I weigh less than 148lbs. Those over 148 have to carry 45lbs .
And you are not allowed to run.

Arduous is a very descriptive word. I've done it three times now. Takes me about 41 minutes absolutely flat chat speedwalking.
It's the minimum fitness test for remote area firefighters. Worldwide.

That pack test always seemed weak to me, on level ground, since I've done lots of backpacking worth heavier loads, not a weighted vest.

I would be shocked and maybe ashamed if I couldn't handle that, off the couch, considering that's only about 25% of my body weight.

I was contemplating the pack test. I can move 4mph when I want to get somewhere, but not particularly rushing. I'm not sure what a 45# pack adds to that. Level ground doesn't seem bad, but I reflect on some of my jobs where I'm carrying 45#, and have to make a couple stops to catch my breath, and that's only hundreds of feet, but with significant hills and ground obstructions. I wouldn't mind trying it just to see what I could do.

Damn shame to see all that fine timberland got burned.

The arduous pack test is getting interesting. Clearly a challenge that would be very easy to set up and test yourself on

It's called the 'Arduous Pack Test'

It's the minimum fitness test for remote area firefighters. Worldwide.
Just curious why you aren't allowed to run, seems if you could run it and pass you'd be more fit than folks who couldn't manage to run

I don't mean my post as as a knock to anyone.
Since being a kid, I have enjoyed physical fitness and have always had it as a goal in my life.

I used to watch my very old neighbor took around slowly on his bicycle, which I saw as an example.

Finally, noseless bike seats are readily available. I'm thinking of getting one.

My current flexibility is definitely my weakest spot.

Like so many, post- holiday time/ rain season/ short days is my worst time of year. For about 2 weeks a year, I think about getting a gym membership.

Back