P2120565.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 7
  • P2120566.jpg
    P2120566.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 7
  • P2120564.JPG
    P2120564.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 7
The last of last summers plums , cherries and apples from the orchard and a bunch of frozen homemade pesto, made from basil grown in the new greenhouse.

Nothing like pasta with pesto genovese to brighten a cold dark winter day:)

Three deer, a couple of boston butts, assorted veggies, and 40 packages of chicken tenders the grocery store was running a special on the other day. About 15 pounds of pecans, some blueberries from last year, a few packages of bacon.....that's the most of it.

The usual store bought stuff plus alot of venison.

MB, I never heard of whiskey in the freezer, what's good with that?

I prefer whisky at room temperature, but ice cold Russian or Polish vodka is a treat.

20 pounds of blueberries, two deer shoulder roasts, lots of venison steaks, and ground venison, all received as payment from folks.
About 10 pounds of rice flour, several roots of ginger and 2 pounds of butter for cooking/baking.
Three pounds of gluten-free, homemade breakfast/energy bars.
Ten pounds of frozen peaches for pies on some cold day late in February when we are tired of the snow and cold.
Also there are a few packages of bratwurst and extra dark bread for our German guests.

Those peaches sound real good.
Wanna trade some for plums and cherries:)

Mmmmm, cherries!
I finished off the cherries a month ago and miss them; they are definitely my favorite.
Next summer I'll put away about 40 pounds of cherries.

Pity we live so far from each other.
I have some 40 cherry trees of about 20 diffrent varieties.

Unfortunately it is too cold here ( or rather, not warm enough) for apricots and peaches.

Back