What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Mamma made meatball subs from scratch, turned out nicely! I ate'em both before I could get to my camera, just a portuguese bun with little meatballs, sprinkle of shredded cheddar and red sauce and a bit of onion.

hm, mayhap we shall partake of the chicken of the sea tomorrow, a tuna salad can be tasty! :) Whats your recipe Boss? Any tricks?

I can dig it. we usually do tuna, some mayo, cayenne, ground pepper, chopped red bell pepper, green onions and sometimes a couple tablespoons of dijon mustard.

that sounds good Ste.. :) I havent had fresh caught trout since I was a teen, and caught it myself...

Venison,neck roast(Dutch ovened for 3 hours at .325),mashed taters and corn

you betcha. :) thinking about plain white rice with some green peas as a side. I still think it needs a veg though, maybe broccoli with a pieces of cheddar.

Too bad asparagus is out of season.... Maybe some grilled Zuccini marinaded with garlic and balsamic vinegar and some grilled sliced red onion to go with it.
Broccoli is hard to beat though :)

I could dig the zook but my wife wont touch it, especially cooked, she has issues with food textures. :roll:

Asparagus is happening here, although its imported and not cheap, and kinda woody :( AND.. I dont think I could make an arguement for bacon and hollandaise on the same plate, the fat police would be winding up their sirens for sure.

Fat police ... HAHAHA I can dig it with the texture thing... I can be that way too. I just cook most vegetables al dente even grilled just for flavor and still has snap when ya bite :)
When broccoli is out of season, not worth eating. Had some good green beans the other night. :) Don't mind me I also have a thing about brussel sprouts... I love them cooked with bacon and onion. But you already used bacon on the chicken... Brussel sprouts steamed with a garlic cheese sauce would be good and you could just melt the cheese over them if she is worried about the sauce.

ha, me and brussel sprouts dont get along, it was a yearly thing, my parents would always say 'just have one to see if you like them" at easter and christmas with turkey, guess what? its still a no thank you. :D

the wife doesnt dig onions, warm tomatoes, mushrooms and soft veg like cooked zucchini. she wont even try them if I do al dente or otherwise, hence my green onions thrown on top of some dishes, its cause they wait in a little glass bowl on my place mat until the plate arrives, THEN they get tossed on.