What a rush!!

Treeaddict

Treehouser
The first few trees had me shaking with adrenaline when I took out a large limb or made a felling cut. I’d have to wait a minute to gain composure to move on to the next task. 50 trees later and I still get a rush when setting large wood in motion although it’s more muted than what it was at first. I have to admit, the adrenaline in these scenarios is lovely. Although, I wouldn’t say it’s a necessary part of the job.

Does the adrenaline go away over time?

About 25 yeas ago I had an apprentice top out a huge double leader hazard Beech.
A simple enough job, just big.
He dropped the first top ( I had climbed up with him and gone over the procedure with him, then rappelled down and left him to it) and everything got dead quiet up there.
So I yelled up:"Are you ok?"

"Well, my legs are shaking real bad."

Eventually he got himself together, climbed over and did the other top.

Dead quiet again, then: " Now my legs are shaking again!!!".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That was exactly like my first experience. I was going to drop a leaning poplar top. I sat perched thinking about all that could go wrong and how I needed to go about it. 10 minutes went by and then I started cutting. Once it dropped, my knees and arms were violently shaking.

The next few trees were dead ash and had me shaking after each large limb drop. I had to wait to put my saw on my hip and move to the next one.

I still get the rush but the shaking is very minimal.

Back