Vitamin c

arborworks1

Treehouser
Does anyone take megadoses of vitamin C?

I've felt much better since starting a routine. I did get off the bandwagon for about a week and felt my body giving in to the normal crap that comes with this odd weather time of year.
Everyone around me has been sick with a cold or flu or something and I'm seemingly fine.

I have been dosing 15 grams per day. 5 per meal. Swallowable tablets as the chewable ones made my teeth extremely sensitive.

The body only needs and absorbs so much boss. Overdosing it is just shooting vitamin c out of your peavey.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know the piss part. But I've never hear the stones part. Doctor told me any excess would be expelled he didn't say I was asking for trouble, with that dose. I suppose a lower dose would be suitable now as I am just maintaining now.

You are better off taking powder than tablets or capsules and that goes for anything. There's a lot of misinformation about Vitamin C.

Try taking a good Calcium Ascorbate powder, not Sodium ascorbate it's cheaper but not good. No problems with calcium ascorbate at all as far as I know, and I've done a lot of reseach on it.

This is the best available here, try and find one similar. http://www.wagnerproducts.com.au/pr...-list/product-details/_prod_/EsterCreg-Powder

This is some good info on Calcium Ascorbate. http://www.mineralsinc.com/WriteUp/CalciumAscorbate_w.htm

That's where the Calcium Ascorbate differs, Sodium ascorbate will cause similar problems.

"When ingested, Calcium Ascorbate is hydrolyzed in the stomach to give calcium and ascorbate ion. The HCl in the stomach converts this ascorbate ion to ascorbic acid. Thus there is no net increase in the acid concentration in the stomach.

Calcium Ascorbate is a neutral salt and not an acid, therefore, more people can take larger amounts without acid upset or diarrhea. Equally important is that Calcium Ascorbate replenishes the calcium that is excreted in the urine due to the chelating properties of Vitamin C."