Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Hate it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bonner1040

Nick from Ohio
So the "questions about this place" thread got me thinking:

Wouldnt it be nice if we had a place to store pictures where we could all see, download, and comment on them but in more of a photo browsing format? Well Google offers this service through picasa.

The email address to upload is:
104263359725420623802.treehouse@picasaweb.com

All you do is attach a photo, or multiples, to a normal email and click send. VOILA

And the link to view the album is:
https://picasaweb.google.com/104263...&authkey=Gv1sRgCP3V9Nj3udqxcg&feat=directlink

or shortened with bitly: http://bit.ly/zHbVjn

This would make it so any member who wished could upload any photo. any member who wished could view and download any photo. Members (or people with the view link) can comment, but not edit or delete pictures...

The option is also there to order prints of a given picture if you like it enough!

As is, the account comes with 1GB of free storage, additional storage can be purchased @ 20GB for $5/year, a fee which i would be happy to pay and upkeep. 1GB is a lot of pics 20GB is an incredible amount!

I ran the idea past Masterblaster and he wanted to see what you guys thought...

Let us know, upload some pics (simple as emailing them to the address above which can be saved as a contact in any email client) view some pics and generally try it out.

Sounds alright except for not being able to delete pictures.

That's the problem with some other forums, unlike here. Sometimes you post something and later regret it but it stays.

I'm sorry I posted some on one, and I know a few who feel the same.:(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds alright except for not being able to delete pictures.

That's the problem with some other forums, unlike here. Sometimes you post something and later regret it but it stays.

I'm sorry I posted some on one, and I know a few who feel the same.:(

If you include text in the subject line of the email, that text becomes becomes the caption for the photo. This way if you include your username, you can then email one of the mods at a later time and request the photo be removed. easy peazy fix to a legitimate concern.

We have picture threads here. I am ok with the status quo. Its neat to hit the rotator once in a while and see a forgotten pic, there is a ton of them in there after the years of people posting.

While the idea seems interesting I can't see myself using it. Then again I'm terrible for taking pics of any sort in the 1st place let alone getting them on the computer and uploaded.

While the idea seems interesting I can't see myself using it. Then again I'm terrible for taking pics of any sort in the 1st place let alone getting them on the computer and uploaded.[/QUOTE

But would you look at them? Or like a place where you could download or comment on them?

It could be cool if it uploaded them automatically from the forum. As it is, I doubt I would remember to upload pictures two places.

Isn't that place here?

I dont want to fix what isnt broken, I just thought it would be nice to have an album, with all the cool pics in one place. Commenting wasnt the main goal, but here when you go through a picture there is tons of side conversation etc. I was thinking this was a way to keep jut photos in a more album like way.

Ultimately it only took me 5 minutes to make the account and another 5 to type the post, it didnt cost anything so i wont be too upset if people dont like the idea, and it can just be forgotten. No worries, but maybe atleast click through and look at the album format, and submit a pic to try it out??

Wouldnt it be nice if we had a place to store pictures where we could all see, download, and comment on them but in more of a photo browsing format?

You can just go to the Rotator and keep hitting F5 or refresh, then when you find a picture you want to comment on, take a screenshot and post it here

That's a good thread, pity it doesn't get more action.8)

Back