Toy Time

blue

Climbing Up
Had a nasty little clearance job yesterday

018.jpg

Looks a bit on the dense side, infact you couln't even walk through 90% of the site
020-1.jpg

We went there on Tuesday but it was soon realised that hand cutting may take some time so plan B was bought into action
021.jpg

022.jpg

So off I go
027-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

029-1.jpg

Faily effective I'd say
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Og5Kf-CkPn8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Finnished
001.jpg

003-1.jpg

007.jpg

004.jpg

The part nearest the road was all bramble and small stuff which the machine couldn't smash up that small and we had to be carefull of the septic tank and drains but the customer was very pleased with the result.

Used it again today at another site but forgot the cam. It was much more woody debris and the finnish was much better. Today, in 4 hours we achieved what would have taken 2 of us probably about 3 days!!

Awesome! And a nice bit of mulch on the top when you're done...

I would recommend a special license to operate the machine, and a happy home life and mental stability examination being part of the screening.

Those are not uncommon hereabouts, frequently used for post-harvest site prep before reforestation planting...works well. Usually somewhat larger.

ASV makes a nice machine.. smooth ride on those tracks.. I have a 50... that looks like an 85 or 100... Is it a dedicated unit, or can you switch out to a bucket? I've never seen one in action, though I have run a skid loader with an ambusher brush hog attachment.. I didn't feel good about it afterwards... lots of small trees.. felt like mass murder to me..

How are they on soil structure B? You'd think they'd be rough, but maybe all the organic material mixed in helps.

I wonder if you might be able to sell the grindings? It seems like it would make a good amendment for heavy clay type soils. I could use a thousand bags for a garden I have in a former rice field.

I wish I had one or knew of somebody that had one for rent within a 50 miles of me. There have been many times where a forestry mower would have saved the day and back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ASV makes a nice machine.. smooth ride on those tracks.. I have a 50... that looks like an 85 or 100... Is it a dedicated unit, or can you switch out to a bucket? I've never seen one in action, though I have run a skid loader with an ambusher brush hog attachment.. I didn't feel good about it afterwards... lots of small trees.. felt like mass murder to me..

How are they on soil structure B? You'd think they'd be rough, but maybe all the organic material mixed in helps.

It was indeed a RC100. It was a hire machine and not ours but the head is detatchable so swapping out to a bucket or other attatchments is possible with the undoing of a few pipes.
It wieghed in at 6000kg but only has a ground pressure of 3psi and the rubber tracks don't screw into the ground to much.

Those are not uncommon hereabouts, frequently used for post-harvest site prep before reforestation planting...works well. Usually somewhat larger.

We use them for that as well. Work really fine if all the slash/branches/ broken wood has been cleared off first, otherwise we end up having to plant in a 10" layer of smashed wood.

But with the price of organic fuel ( waste wood) going up, most clearcuts are run over with a chipper after the timber has left the scene, so the end result is really fine.

I managed a 9 Ha clearance a few months ago in a very similar fashion. We used the Greenmech MT130 and a Seppi on a 13 tonner. They frig shit up good and proper.

Attachments

• 684.jpg
    684.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 742.jpg
    742.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 724.jpg
    724.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 697.jpg
    697.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 704.jpg
    704.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 702.jpg
    702.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 16
The few that run them here have a hard time staying in business. We are the crew that often gets called in to do what they can't. Nice job they can do though in the right conditions. We have been trying to give this one operator a lot of business, but he is probably not going to make it :( He did a real nice job on a few clients we have in common. Stehanson saw some of his work on a property. Definatly the way to go when you can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What can't they do? is it terrain related??

This one sees use for site prep out here as well. I've hired services of a Slashbuster equipped excavator on many occasions. Frig stuff up, indeed.
:)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cp8NxbgjsiY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back