Thomas engine id numbers?

sawinredneck

Treehouser
The Thomas went down and I really need to rebuild it and get it going again! But the Kohler id tag is long gone! Can anyone hook me up with the numbers on their engine please?
Thanks in advance!

That sucks. I needed parts for a 12 horse on an Ingersol-Rand air compressor and the stooopid tag was gone. Luckily, my parts man does a lot of small engine stuff and he called the Kohler distributor while I waited. He did say that talking direct to Kohler sucks and wasn't for mere mortals like me. Do you have a local distributor?

Why couldn't the buggers stamp that stuff like Briggs?

I know the problem, but without the CH number I can't order the parts. Guess I'll have to call Kohler.

Sorry, what I was aiming for was that you might be able to find the same engine and get the model number, or ask on the Kohler forums with a picture what the model number would be.

Only Thomas engine I know is this one.

r884209_8792716.jpg

Took a guess and it's a mower? Good luck getting parts from Kohler, I tried about five or six years ago to get parts for a Magnum 20hp. Possible but a new motor was cheaper.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's a mini skis steer, Steve. I called Kohler in KC, they suggested I call Thomas. I called Thomas and the number is dissconeccted! Broke down and called TNT Dave, I hated to bug him, he said Thomas went under again but he's going to do some checking for me to see what he can find out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, I think we've got it sorted and Dave is sending me some parts we hope are the right ones!

Back