The old "what's it worth? " thread

emr

Cheesehead Treehouser
We are going to be selling our 1995 TopKick chip truck soon and I was wondering what you all think would be a good asking price from my poi t of view as well as what a good price to sell it quickly would be.

It is really in very good condition for its age. The truck has about 200,000 miles but we out in a remaned CAT 3116 engine in it about 10,000 miles ago (less actually). The engine still has a partial warranty from Jaspers I believe. It has a man can with 11 ft chip box. Everything works as it should. The body is in good condition with only a few spots of minor surface rust spots.

I kind of want to just price it to be done with it but it probably makes better business sense to start the asking price a little higher. So what do you all think is a fair price.

I'll see if I can find some pics.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is that the sell it fas price, or good deal for me price?

That is about what I was thinking tho.

You making me an offer? ;)

I hope that Jasper engine counts for something. It cost us around $15k installed! That was about 2 years ago.

Grrrr

Back to the drawing board I guess.

How's the saying go... Something about a tree guy and fire wood is like an Eskimo and ice...

Seriously Rajan, if you hear of anybody looking let them know. It's a good truck for the money we will be asking.

I'll put the feelers out down here.
What's the weather like up there? It's gonna be flippin cold the next three days lows in the -20 wind chills around -50 ugh!

Thanks man. I'll make it worth your while if you find a buyer.
We shut it down for Monday and Tuesday. Kept Wednesday open. Schools around here are already closed for Monday and Tuesday. I've never seen anything like this before for the cold.

You going out in this crap?

No I have been shut down since xmas. I am on daddy duty for three months aside for weekends but the phone is not ringing so I'll take the break. I have a ton of projects to make in the shop so that will take up a few weekends.

I was thinking starting at $10-12k. But obviously willing to negotiate. I hate playing that game but that's life. We don't have a Rock bottom price yet. I would have to talk with my partner before I could say for sure.

Back