The Glorius Bradford Pear.

sawinredneck

Treehouser
Interesting this happens today:lol:
Sorry, long winded!
I was going to do some trimming for Bobcat work today, then the winds came up, quickly!! 50MPH gusts!
So I was a bum. A buddy comes over this afternoon to hang out. His wife calls at three pm, she is at her dads (he's out of town) and a "Big tree branch" had fallen on the fence and she was afaid it would wipe out the fence.
I got recruited, no biggie I think, he helps me out a lot.
We get there, WOW!!!! 22" Bradford pear split in half, the half that came down was on the fence, another large chunk had come down on remaining part laying it on the roof. The wind is still howling and I don't have any faith in the remainder staying up through the night.
The house electric line runs right through the remaining part, no matter which way it goes, the line is DONE!!
I tell them to call Westar and see what they can do and we proceed to clean up what we can. Got everything out of the neighbors yard cleaned up, and fixed the fence.
Westar shows up. "Well we can't do anything for that, it's in the yard!!" UMMMMMMM............. I need a service drop, then I can get this thing down so they don't loose power, and you don't get a call at midnight tonight!!
He has a bowling tourney and carries on about how they need 24hrs for a drop request. He wants nothing to do with droping this power.
"Well I have my pole saw in the truck, I can clear i all back then you can put it on the ground." So he gets his stihl gas polesaw out and just starts hacking away. Leans the saw on the line to get a better fulcrum. Drops chunks on the line and the phone line, knicks the phone line. Yeah, just goes to town.
He gets done and I look at him and say "Well, you just did eerything I hae been told and taught NOT to do!" He laughs and says "I guess you didn't do much clean up after the ice storm di you?"
Now, am I nuts for being scared of this, or does he just hae balls of steel and is waiting to get zapped? I'e got to be mising something here!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I kinda thought that, but feeling better hearing it from someone else!

Now now... I don't know if I'd go so far as to say "arborist".

Back