the difference between tenex vs tenex tec?

Mesquite

Treehouser
besides the tec having two strand per carrier, whats the difference? what one do you like best? what feels best in hand? the abs is aboot the same for both. im thinking of getting some 3/8ths to make some more slings for up in the canopy. when i use slings i end up not taking very big pieces so i think the 6100lbs for the tec or the 6300lbs for the tenex will be more than adequate. plus they will be used in basket configuration.

thank you for your time

I made 2 tec ultra slings and one tenex whoopie. The tec ultras have been used 20x more than the whoopie and the tenex whoopie already had a strand tear near the eye splice. Rope looks brand new and hasn’t been over loaded but something about the bark cut a strand already. From my short term experience I like the tec. Plus I like to buy larger volumes of the rope from Wesspur (best prices) and can make ultra slings with tec (but not normal tenex from what I know). Hope this helps 🤷‍♂️

Tec has less of a plastic feel to me, which is probably all in my head, it’s all just polyester.

Also other companies make the same things. Yale makes Yalex which is a 2 carrier per strand, it’s dark gray almost black.

Teufelberger makes Trex. Some of it I’ve seen is two colors.

One nice thing about the t-Rex is the way the color is applied, it actually stays on the rope. After your first time using tenex anything, the color will begin to fade. Not super important but it does look nicer and helps with identification from a distance

Yalex is like that too, it’s like they applied a black urethane coating to the finished rope, so when you start pulling it apart for tapering, a bunch of the strands are much lighter colored on the inner half of the strands.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks guys, i went with the tec, i also thought that with the two carriers the extra strands would allow when flexed the extra surface area would allow more flex with better contact with each thread

thanks guys, i went with the tec, i also thought that with the two carriers the extra strands would allow when flexed the extra surface area would allow more flex with better contact with each thread
Samson calls their Tenex Tec to their Two ends per carrier construction on 12 strand coated polyester.. it was a smart decision that you made and went with tec.. we only manufacture 2 ends per carrier, our rope is called Lupex.. it’s easier to repair, easier to splice and perfect for the sling applications.. next time give us a try, you won’t regret and save some $$$$ in your pocket :)

Back