Tennis Elbow

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
Lordy, I think I've contracted it. It makes cutting and tossing a royal PITArm.

Any helpful suggestions? :(

Rest.

Working for my bro alot last year digging fence post holes with the post hole digger wore havoc on my elbow. It would wake me out of a sleep.

I said that's it, I'm not ruining my tree career for the sake of a freaking fence post, and the fact he owes me a years worth of pay. But that is another story.

This year his elbow is toasted. He couldn't squeeze Felco pruners this morning deadwooding a jap maple.

Rest, rest, rest. It's all better now.

I'll call my tennis playing friend and ask him, I remember him complaining about it last year. He's a tennis playing fool, hasn't missed a morning on the court in like twenty-five years, and also a health fitness nut, so he should know of any treatments.

I dealt with it for about a year or two. I kept forcing it instead of letting it heal. That's why I turned wimpy and wasted my money on those lightweight bars for my climbing saw, I had a hard enough time holding the saw out to make a cut and needed all the help I could get.

Rest it as much as possible. I even resorted to wearing a sling when I wasn't working to allow it to rest as much as possible.

I had it once. A bodybuilder recommended blackstrap molasses. A couple tablespoons a day. Don't worry, you get used to the taste.

Get one of the goofy straps to go around your forearm just below your elbow. They really DO help. Compression over the tendon stabilizes how it tracks over the bone reducing the recurring damage from use. And yes, rest it, massage it and soak it. Do as much as you can without gripping your hand tightly.(I know, it is hard to run saws and climb trees without repetitive arm motions while gripping-that is how it got hurt.)

Rest. Alternating ice and heat offers some relief. But rest is it.

Go to Wally World and buy a cheap arm sling. Taking the weight of your lower arm off your elbow will make a huge difference in comfort.

"Get one of the goofy straps to go around your forearm just below your elbow. They really DO help. Compression over the tendon stabilizes how it tracks over the bone reducing the recurring damage from use."

I had it years ago. My electrician neighbor recommended that...I was AMAZED at the relief it gave me. Unbelievable. Try it. BUT....I remember when Chucky had it and I went on and on and on about that strap. It didn't work for him. (sorry Chucky) Sure worth a try, but you still have to rest as much as possible. The strap allowed me to do what HAD to be done though.

My Japanese boss swears by those necklaces/bracelets that have the magnets or titanium inserts. Buys them for us whenever someone gets hurt.

Back