Storm damage

Al Smith

Mac Daddy
This is just one of several the wind destroyed .It really wasn't a big deal although I was at it about all day .Broke off about 25 foot up .

You gotta kind of cut your way into a mess like that .Geeze I have a brush pile the size of a single car garage from this bushy SOB .

Fence posted it down and since I don't have a skid loader pulled the top out with the old Fergeuson tractor .It's a basswood AKA American linden .I had to take out a pine too easy drop .

Attachments

• Storm damage 013.jpg
    Storm damage 013.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Storm damage 014.jpg
    Storm damage 014.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Storm damage 015.jpg
    Storm damage 015.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Storm damage 016.jpg
    Storm damage 016.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh that's just a start .I thought two days but it's going to be longer .Damned green wood I won't be able to torch off the pile until October .It's too dry out now anyway .

I'd imagine they'd get their nose out of joint if I fired off a wheat stubble field .Not good .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow I had forgotten how heavy green cut oak is .Big old limb blew down and I had the wedge split the chunks just to lift them into the trailer .That SOB was 22 inchs in diameter where it broke off .

Alas old age has caught up with me .At one time I could lift 150 pounds but those days are long gone it seems .:(

I could too until I bought the Boxer. :lol:

Don't be so hard on yourself Al, if you don't do it everyday you won't be able to do it today. Or, Use it or Lose it.

Back