Stein Vega Harness

tophopper

The resident asshole
This looks promising.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/99FTxPAZ2iI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like it. Super light, more comfortable than a TA3 (made by the same company) A good production harness.

Are you using one now?

I have been for about 4 months. I like it a lot. The leg straps aren't painful at all. The rise is almost perfect for a work harness. As I said before it is similar to the TA3, except more comfortable. I also like that I could run as few gear loops as I like. A lot of manufacturers go a little crazy with the loops on some rigs.

I like it, especially the 'naked' weight, and the customizable loops.

Alot of Stein kit is budget at best. Thankfully this seems to have been made elsewhere & hopefully not to there usual "as cheap as possible" standards

Pete does that apply to the RC line from Stein? I have always liked the looks of the lowering devices.

Also my spurs, made by Spydreco and sold in the US as ClimbRights and in the UK as Steins are pretty nice, definitely not low 'quality'.

The RC range is outstanding. I admit I have overgeneralised with slating there entire range, but I see a lot of there kit & I'm glad I did not spend my money on it.
There has been some wear issues with the lower rings on the spurs - I hope they are not the same ones sold in the US

A lot of the stuff they sell is lower quality. Even the welding and finish on the highly overpriced RC hardware is out of line. The harness is good, the Spurs I wouldn't say high quality at all. If you look at their lineup, they just about have the tools covered with some type of Stein product. Maybe one day you can go to a Stein store near you in your gray uniform and gt the gear you need. All a beautiful blue.

Mmm, I've got a pair of ClimbRights, should call them Price Rights...they are ok, but prefer my Bashlins.

I dont understand how the ClimbRight spurs could be any better, a lot of people say they are 'budget'... I mean I dont own stock in the company or anything, but is there something I am missing.

Pads aside, how can you improve on the spur itself? Its sturdy and compared to a Buckingham Steel spur I dont see a difference in quality, durability or fit.

And... the ClimbRight pads I have are FAR superior to anything else I have seen or used save some Geckos.

Seems like a really good harness and I would have bought one three weeks ago if the leg loops were a bit wider. Every thing else about it was 10/10.
Got the Tree Motion instead. Personal thing though isn't it.

I dont understand how the ClimbRight spurs could be any better, a lot of people say they are 'budget'... I mean I dont own stock in the company or anything, but is there something I am missing.

Pads aside, how can you improve on the spur itself? Its sturdy and compared to a Buckingham Steel spur I dont see a difference in quality, durability or fit.

And... the ClimbRight pads I have are FAR superior to anything else I have seen or used save some Geckos.

The Climb Rights lower ring does chafe (like rebranded Steins) I checked that when I saw a thread somewhere else, doesn't look like too much of a problem, but something to keep an eye on.

Fit wise the CRs are straight and a more bulky in the shank, they are taking a lot longer to get used to and wear in...my Bashlins are tapered and offset, they just fit more comfortably right away. I'd have been annoyed if the CRs had cost the same as Bashlins.
I have L pads on both, never had a problem with L pads. Lucky me.

Unfortunately my Bashlins are in Bermuda...if I had them here I would sell the Climb Rights tomorrow.

anyone else wearing the Vega? wondering if the back pad is worn low on the hips (ergonomic like) or traditional lower back. how is it durability wise? I really like the simplistic look of it.

Back