So..... what is your bridge made out of?

tophopper

The resident asshole
For those who climb on saddle with a floating front attachment, what is your bridge constructed of?

Mine is made of dyneema. Triple layered and stitched.

How bout you?

Attachments

• 400_30285.jpg
    400_30285.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 6
I'm in a Tree Magic, the bridge is a wide (4cm) webbing strap, adjustable for length. It's double layer, not stitched. Nylon I guess.

In my avatar that's a Butterfly with two bridges, the original thick webbing bridge and the replaceable B'fly2 thinner webbing bridge with a cover (always thought I should get rid of the cover...). Both are triple layer stitched, the original is wide and thick, the newer one thinner and narrower, and comes with a ring so it got promoted to primary use with the HC and VT

I use the standard Tree Motion bridge on mine. I try and replace every 6 months or so. The $18 for a new one is well worth it for my own piece of mind.

I recognize that dyneema material as the same that is or was supplied with a micro ascender. Always wondered what it was. Some later thought they came up with that it is better to use the cord rather than attaching directly to a carabiner. I prefer it without the strap, myself.

im using tachyon for my bridge at the moment. sort of a hybrid saddle using the tree-flex upper half and home made leg straps.

My bridge is the replacement bridge sent out by weaver for the cougars.

Amsteel?:lol: Here we go again...........

Sorry, Dyneema SK-75. Couldn't find the info on a quick web search, so I specified Warp Speed.

When I wore through the cover after three years of direct 'biners on bridge contact, the structural core still looked new.

Is the Sequoia comfy? My saddle is way old, so I figured I'd renew it soon. Was thinking just another NT Pro, but I saw how simple the Petzl one is and it got me thinking.

I changed my mind on the Nikosi, it won't allow a one bag travel to the tree with climbing gear. Too big.

Back