Shindaiwa PB-27 Power Broom

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
No clue where to put this to ask here.

Shindaiwa PB27 Power Broom

Looking at one with carb issues that I might buy outright or trade for. Any info on this unit? Good Bad or ?

ShindaiwaPB271.jpg

The Gear Forum, but this one is cool: we don't split hairs here.

I've never seen/used one. Anyone else?

The power broom comes with the Multi Tool System here. I've never used one but I do have the AH230S long reach hedge trimmer.

Looks pretty much like it, great little trimmer and light. Bought it for one job and never thought I'd use it much but it gets used nearly every week.

Engine displacement (cm3)
Dry weight (kg)
Output (kW / ps)
0.8 / 1.1
Blade Length / Effective Cutting Length (mm) 567/527

DSC03211.JPG

DSC03205.JPG

Carby is non adjustable except for the idle screw.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The power broom comes with the Multi Tool System here. I've never used one but I do have the AH230S long reach hedge trimmer.

Looks pretty much like it, great little trimmer and light. Bought it for one job and never thought I'd use it much but it gets used nearly every week.

Carby is non adjustable except for the idle screw.

This the carb on yours? Idle screw only, what am I getting myself into I wonder :eek3:. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Geninue-Shi...403?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a813dd97b

The inventor and patent holder for these lives here in Bottineau. He has come up with several things like this. Was the local Stihl/Shindawa dealer until he retired last year. They work pretty good on snow, as long as it is not over 3 or 4" deep.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I dont know if that is what is on the one I'm checking into. I'm just guessing. 3 different carb models listed on a 270.

I wont see it till next Sat.

You reckon it is worth a $100 with known carb issues? Thats all he said wrong anyways. Looking up models I think it maybe a PB-270 not 27.

The PB-270 is what showed up for me as well in that last link.

Sounds ok to me for $100 even if you have to buy a carby, but I'm used to paying a bit more for some things.

Could just be a of dirt in it, depending on what he's been using it for. Had that happen when it was real dry here.

Manual PDF, says it's 27.2cc & 1.5hp. http://www.shindaiwa-usa.com/getattachment/f7be78dd-0cbd-4d37-aabd-0f2c9b087531

Back