Sherrill's wingman saddlebags

NorthWoodsDiver

TreeHouser
I was interested in getting a pouch or something for carrying small items into the tree (camera, phone, throwbag, or whatever) just cause it's hard to access my pants pockets when wearing a harness. Sherrill has these on sale so I wondered if anyone has used them and if they are handy or not? If so which model? or am I wasting my money?

http://www.sherrilltree.com/Professional-Gear/Throwline-Storage/Wingman-Stretch-Top-Pouch

http://www.sherrilltree.com/Professional-Gear/Throwline-Storage/Wingman-Drawstring-Pouch

Thanks

When the time arises, I'll throw on my Buckingham throw line bag. It has no use anyways since the F-Cude. It's perfect size, not too big or small.

Those bags seems pretty big, but again, I'm not that guy to hang everything off the saddle.

New Tribe makes some nice bags, "ditty" bags as they call them.

bag110-500.gif

I'm looking at the stretch top one too, looks pretty sweet, i have the Weaver ditty bag, and it is indispensable when it comes to installing the bald eagle nesting platforms for holding washers, nuts and lag bolts and the wrenches

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Given the volume of replies I am guessing not many people are owners of the Sherrill bags. They sure look nice though.

I am trying to find a link- maybe someone can help, but I have this bag made by Yates http://www.yatesgear.com/ and it had 2 strings on it, one to cinch it shut, the other to open it. It's one handed, has velcro to attach it to my harness, and is lined with pockets. I bought it at sherrill when I won a gift cert from them many years ago. I don't see it on their website any more.

I've found this to be the BEST in-tree bag. It is barely noticeable when empty, but will hold a phone, leatherman, waterbottle, snack, throwline reel, and several other items.

Now if I can just find it some where online...

Yah...where is it? I looked at the Yates catalogs and did not see such a creature. Do you have a picture of it..maybe on your harness?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am trying to find a link- maybe someone can help, but I have this bag made by Yates http://www.yatesgear.com/ and it had 2 strings on it, one to cinch it shut, the other to open it. It's one handed, has velcro to attach it to my harness, and is lined with pockets. I bought it at sherrill when I won a gift cert from them many years ago. I don't see it on their website any more.

I've found this to be the BEST in-tree bag. It is barely noticeable when empty, but will hold a phone, leatherman, waterbottle, snack, throwline reel, and several other items.

Now if I can just find it some where online...

is this it: http://www.sherrilltree.com/Professional-Gear/Rope-Accessories/Ditty-Bag-534 its in sherrills bargain section so this link may die when it's sold out.

No, it's not the same, I have the same Yates bag as Nick.

It's the bee's knees and the dog's balls.
Perfect size with 8+ different pockets around the inside diameter of the bag.

I have one at work on my saddle there too, so Sherrils must have carried it at one time,
cause that's where we shop at work. Good logic.

I checked New tribe too, it's not from them.

THAT'S THE ONE!!!

$36 sounds like a lot for what it is, but if mine ever wears out, I'll buy a new one in a heart beat. It's a good bag- well worth the price.

For what it's worth, I've changed the "open" cord to green and the "closed" cord to red so that it is super easy to identify quickly.

love
nick

Glad to hear it!

Anyone with a half decent sewing machine (or a wee bit of patience to do an easy hand sewing project) can do the green/red combo. Switch that orange/white cord (in the pic) with a green one. That's the one to pull to open it. That part will take a few stitches to keep together. Then just take out that long draw-string on the right side and switch it with a red one. That's what you pull to close it. No sewing involved to swap the red one.

Go for it!

Nahhhh... I'm thinking you could make something nice .... whip the ends of the new cord pretty or even splice a ring on one or something creative :D
I suk at sewing :P

I have one of the older Sherrill stretch top bags, and it stays on my harness most of the time. I added a 5mm cord running all the way from near one D around the back to near the other D to clip the bag to, so I can slide it up to beside my hip for use or slide it back to the middle of my back to get it out of the way. I think it's a great add-on to a saddle.

It doesn't seem to be too bulky to me, for most climbing.

Attachments

• Dscn1118.jpg
    Dscn1118.jpg
    640.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Dscn1136.jpg
    Dscn1136.jpg
    728 KB · Views: 12
  • Dscn1127.jpg
    Dscn1127.jpg
    727.5 KB · Views: 12
  • saddle_0706.JPG
    saddle_0706.JPG
    492.8 KB · Views: 13
I've got the old style stretch top ditty bag too, it's lashed to my BFII. It doesn't slide like Burnhams, the clips broke a long time ago and I rigged it on permanently with Zing-it. I always have a blood stop kit and a small saw wrench and a bandanna in there which leaves lots of room for other stuff. Perfect for cabling or lightening protection.

I used to have one of the Buckingham ditty bags with a elastic closure, but I stopped using it when several carabiners, nylon slings, and a figure 8 all fell out and vanished into ocean below me. The bag had snagged on a branch as I was downclimbing and dumped out everything that was in it. Now I use the red Wesspur bag because it has a drawstring closure.

Buckingham stretch top here and a chalk bag for my redirect. The chalk bag is pretty much the exact same thing that New Tribe sells as their line mug except I got mine off of Amazon.com for less than $5. I have had it a year now and it is holding up great.

Back