The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

September 13 2018

Tim_B.

TreeHouser
Here's a link to a Bing results page for the search on the phrase "CRISPR used to fight cancer". I still have a lot of reading to do before I get at all smart about this stuff, but I thought it might provide some interesting reading in the mean time. I think it deals with modifying the genetic structure of the cancer cells, and then reinserting them into the body to fight the cancer in a specifically targeted way. Still experimental, I think. I think the researchers just recently got permission here in the US to begin experiments using humans, if I'm not mistaken. I thought 60 minutes might have done a piece on it.

crispr used to fight cancer - Bing - https://www.bing.com/search?q=crispr+used+to+fight+cancer&qs=n&form=QBLH&sp=-1&pq=crispr+used+to+fight+cancer&sc=1-27&sk=&cvid=838123F33DB24604BC002B1C2B871658

MasterBlaster

Administrator
Staff member
The VA ain't gonna do anything like that, Tim... I wish they would. Yeas Reg - I'm mobile but it's getting hard to stand up gonna have that looked at soon. Yea Raj the funds are getting a bit low I'm fixing to order 2 more bottles. I can sleep only in one position - my right side - and when that goes I dunno wtf I'm gonna do... learn to sleep sitting up I guess. :)

MasterBlaster

Administrator
Staff member
I never realized what a gift sleeping well was. I sleep for an hour at a time - like clockwork. I could live with that but the fitful dreams are really troublesome.

lxskllr

Treehouser
I guess the verdict on the cbd is "it works"? That's good that you have something going for you. You have a good spirit also for someone who got served a double decker shit sandwich. Not sure I'd deal with it all as well as you have :^)

MasterBlaster

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure I'd be feeling worse w/o it. I experimented once by not using it for a day and damn if the liver pain didn't show up the next day!

{ had to start using the pain pills cuz of the leg thing. I stayed off them as long as possible...

vharrison

Island Girl
My dear friend, I have a few things to tell you. I mainly want to thank you for all the fun over the years. I always feel like I have a friend in you, probably never would have stayed on the forums without your welcoming spirit. All of this internet was brand new to me back so many years ago and you helped me navigate it. The wealth of education and information that has been shared here is, really, beyond belief. I mean, did you know you would bring people together from all over the world to become friends and share information?
Still here making memories, but some from the past were classic. One of my favorites is a post that Spydie did of you, me and him in volkswagon van, I laughed so hard at that, still makes me smile. Ekka and his foam, hahaha. I could never understand why he was all about cutting down the palm trees, heck, what did he leave for future trimming work?
Please share some memories that make you smile.

MasterBlaster

Administrator
Staff member
My memories? I'm too scatterbrained now to remember hardly anything - like that Spydie pic... I don't remember that at all but I'll never forget Ekka's foolishness! My fave was him demonstrating how one can't fall outta their saddle! That video is still out there, somewhere!!! :lol:

MasterBlaster

Administrator
Staff member
He sure got mad at me!!! And here I gave him his own Aussie sub-forum and made him the the boss of it!

That was his first taste of power! I guess it was too much - too fast.

MasterBlaster

Administrator
Staff member
I used to lurk at his forum - quite the discussions they would have over there! He banned me after a couple of weeks, LOL.

theTreeSpyder

TreeHouser
Glad to see you handling this so well Butch,many great memories here with you/all; watching you grow this place and it's uniqueness from your own sense of balance persisting even grew to this place to this personality in face of the rest.

i've read many things on search for common, pivotal elements of different interests. The intelligent fungi thingy does show up in our tree world too, as other major example of this concept is mycorrhizae 'root foot' that links thru forests of trees underground is investigated for computer network wiring patterns for sharing other resources than tree food. Including failovers and most efficient pathing for these type of variable load bearing structures.. i think i've seen mycorrhizae drain downed tree nutrients to other members thru all the fine hairs feeding from the shrinking wood, but then also...some tree life re-ignited in downed, disconnected tree(from roots) in our tropical (probably most favorable for such a rich reaction)woods with new leaf growth! The shared asset and auto-balancing underground re-allocation is amazing in this network.
Basic mushroom stuff goes way back and one of the bothersome things that appears in seemingly totally unlinked, far spread ancient cultures, perhaps even without own language let alone shared language, yet fraught with parallel beliefs, stories etc. that lend toward some 'universal' knowings when people listened more to Nature /closer to her as only link to each other unless other linking beings(my buddy thinks we started as a extra-terrestrial penal colony; and that is why we be so vucked up... ) . Curiously many of these inanimate unicellular O2 in /CO2 out forms are looked more towards as base animal life than their equally inanimte but multi-cellular CO2 in/ O2 out exchange of plants which afford all life by presenting carbon base into the cycle and O2 to breathe; both from CO2 byproduct of non-plants; while using up some of the battering Sun force to do so, reducing some of it in system. Allowing somehow thin marginal allowance for life as we know it, in contrast to any other planet or even our own extremes that we need a balance between*.

back to work

* edit:Nature seeks to maximize overall strategy per max byproduct winnings, knowing target product itself is win on top of that anyway. Man tends to just try to max on product only and ignore byproduct buildup as much as can instead of inventively cashing in to profit and maintain the real primary to maintain favorable balance at same time.

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!