The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

September 13 2018

Tim_B.

TreeHouser
Here's a link to a Bing results page for the search on the phrase "CRISPR used to fight cancer". I still have a lot of reading to do before I get at all smart about this stuff, but I thought it might provide some interesting reading in the mean time. I think it deals with modifying the genetic structure of the cancer cells, and then reinserting them into the body to fight the cancer in a specifically targeted way. Still experimental, I think. I think the researchers just recently got permission here in the US to begin experiments using humans, if I'm not mistaken. I thought 60 minutes might have done a piece on it.

crispr used to fight cancer - Bing - https://www.bing.com/search?q=crispr+used+to+fight+cancer&qs=n&form=QBLH&sp=-1&pq=crispr+used+to+fight+cancer&sc=1-27&sk=&cvid=838123F33DB24604BC002B1C2B871658

MasterBlaster

Administrator
Staff member
The VA ain't gonna do anything like that, Tim... I wish they would. Yeas Reg - I'm mobile but it's getting hard to stand up gonna have that looked at soon. Yea Raj the funds are getting a bit low I'm fixing to order 2 more bottles. I can sleep only in one position - my right side - and when that goes I dunno wtf I'm gonna do... learn to sleep sitting up I guess. :)

MasterBlaster

Administrator
Staff member
I never realized what a gift sleeping well was. I sleep for an hour at a time - like clockwork. I could live with that but the fitful dreams are really troublesome.

lxskllr

Treehouser
I guess the verdict on the cbd is "it works"? That's good that you have something going for you. You have a good spirit also for someone who got served a double decker shit sandwich. Not sure I'd deal with it all as well as you have :^)

MasterBlaster

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure I'd be feeling worse w/o it. I experimented once by not using it for a day and damn if the liver pain didn't show up the next day!

{ had to start using the pain pills cuz of the leg thing. I stayed off them as long as possible...

vharrison

Island Girl
My dear friend, I have a few things to tell you. I mainly want to thank you for all the fun over the years. I always feel like I have a friend in you, probably never would have stayed on the forums without your welcoming spirit. All of this internet was brand new to me back so many years ago and you helped me navigate it. The wealth of education and information that has been shared here is, really, beyond belief. I mean, did you know you would bring people together from all over the world to become friends and share information?
Still here making memories, but some from the past were classic. One of my favorites is a post that Spydie did of you, me and him in volkswagon van, I laughed so hard at that, still makes me smile. Ekka and his foam, hahaha. I could never understand why he was all about cutting down the palm trees, heck, what did he leave for future trimming work?
Please share some memories that make you smile.

MasterBlaster

Administrator
Staff member
My memories? I'm too scatterbrained now to remember hardly anything - like that Spydie pic... I don't remember that at all but I'll never forget Ekka's foolishness! My fave was him demonstrating how one can't fall outta their saddle! That video is still out there, somewhere!!! :lol:

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!