The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

September 13 2018

MasterBlaster

Administrator
Staff member
On this day I learned I have inoperable cancer. I've been being tested, and the doc just gave me a call. Pretty much chemo is my only option at this point, but a biopsy is needed to see what the tumor actually is. Sooooo, the adventure begins - perhaps my last one, perhaps I'll get lucky.

Not a whining thread, just a heads up to all of you. I pondered over saying anything or starting a thread like this. I wasn't gonna say anything ( I did a while back but no one caught it) but I decided I'd better not spring it on everybody. That wouldn't be very cool.

So there you have it. I may be checking outta here earlier than expected, so we need to get a new person to keep this site going. I'm not real sure how that will be done but we'll figure something out.

Shit - I just knew something was gonna frig up my enjoyment of my new SS income!

cory

TreeHouser
Wtf MB, sorry to hear. Geezus.

Stay positive (it sounds like you are), with a little luck you'll beat the chit outta this problem.

Keep posting. Hey at least you took SS now instead of waiting.

cory

TreeHouser
Don't they say weed is real good for battling chemo ill effects?

Page

TreeHouser
I?ve had several people in my life go through chemo and it sure does suck. However, they are all fine now. I?m sure an old tree guy like you still has some endurance left. My thoughts are with you.

MasterBlaster

Administrator
Staff member
Caught me off guard, too! Ha!

Yea, Page - I hope the chemo works! This crap's supposed to be happening 10 years from now, not now...

Skwerl2

Rodent Aviator
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that whatever strain of cancer Butch has is probably resistant to anything in marijuana. Just a shot in the dark here.

My sympathies, Butch. Best wishes kicking its ass. You're too tough to be beaten by some stupid cancer shit. You got this.

MasterBlaster

Administrator
Staff member
I hope so. I always figured it would be my ticker that took me out. Or a frigging texter...

The weed doesn't stop the cancer, Brian. It just makes the chemo a bit better, helps with appetite.

Hell, I've always known about the appetite part! :lol:

gf beranek

Old Schooler
Well damn. That just threw a wrench in the gear box. My Sis in Iowa just got diagnosed with breast cancer. She just retired, too, and now she's on chemo. She worked for over 40 years and now this. Same situation as you, Butch. Damn, I'm sorry to hear this.

MasterBlaster

Administrator
Staff member
If this is it, so be it. But I'm really hoping this isn't it - just a royal PITA.

I still have a few things to do!

Like, meet this chick! :)

SeanKroll

Treehouser
Helps with appetite, but moreso reduces the nausea that prevents eating, as much as I've gathered. Pain relief, too.

There have got to be some specific strains that help more than others. CBDs for pain. Don't know about maybe indicas for nausea and appetite. Google knows more.

Here's something:
https://www.leafly.com/news/strains-products/what-are-the-best-strains-for-cancer-related-symptoms

I've got some Harlequin in front of me. Its was the highest cbd content that they had at the store. Its got THC in it, too...twist my rubber arm.

Stumpshot

General Purpose
Wow. Caught me off guard a bit -- like others, a bit speechless. But you did intimate something to this effect awhile back, along the lines of who would carry the torch. I'm a bit new here to fully appreciate your contribution in fostering this online community, but I do appreciate all you have done and hope your health and endurance carries you through!

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!