Saving lightening struck pine

arborworks1

Treehouser
Ive injected some nutribooster in the tree. It's by a creek so plentyof water available.

There are a few frass spots and pitchtubes from beetles starting. Maybe a dozen.

Any suggestions?

I'm not following this? Don't some trees survive and some just don't with regards to lightening? Also depends on the severity of the strike I suppose.

What kind of beetles down there? Up here a dozen mountain pine beetle hits would be time to start saving for removal imo.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We have 3 different types of pine beetles here. Most trees have several pitch tubes year around. The strike was not that severe.
I gave the client the option to try some experiments to see if we could save it. He agreed it was worth a try.

I was reading about trunk sprays with onyx and such to kill the beetles.

And I figured the nutrients would help eliminate the stress the strike caused.

Here most spray with a chemical sevin to kill the mountain pine beetle it's supposed to be quite effective I've heard but I don't do any spraying whatsoever. As I understand it it's applied ahead of time.

Here is a PDF on it on studies done. Been using Merit by Bayer here. Some success. Just seems to keep the population down to give the tree a fighting chance.

Attachments

• stelprdb5195928.pdf
    451.8 KB · Views: 2
Back