Revolvers

GASoline71

'cause chicks dig scars
I just bought this yesterday. Been wanting a Smith and Wesson revolver ever since I saw the first Dirty Harry movie when I was young.

I would love to have a Model 29 in .44 Magnum like Clint carried in that flick.

But I settled on a Stainless Steel Model 686 .357 Magnum. I'm lookin' forward to runnin' some rounds through it. I got some .38 Special +P rounds as well as some .357 Magnum rounds. The +P's are a little cheaper.

My next one will be a .44 Magnum.

Anybody else a revolver fan?

Gary

Attachments

• S&W .357 Magnum 004.JPG
    S&W .357 Magnum 004.JPG
    239.2 KB · Views: 8
  • S&W .357 Magnum 003.JPG
    S&W .357 Magnum 003.JPG
    243.1 KB · Views: 7
I've got my grandfathers Single Six. The rest are are autos. I'd like a Blackhawk, or maybe an Alaskan.

I like to call em wheelguns. My only firearm was a Colt Python and it was probably more gun than I needed.

Nice pistol, Gary!

20 years ago I bought a Taurus 357. I was told that when S&W retooled, Taurus bought their old tooling and this was the source of my Taurus 357. I went to the range regularly for the first year or two, then it sat untouched for several years before I finally sold it. It worked well and I never had a jam or misfire but it was heavy, bulky and had a good kick.

I have a pair of 44's. Limited edition S&W, one 629 one 624. Both have 3 inch barrels and rounded butt frames. They have been sitting unused for years. I may consider selling them.

If I were to ever buy another .44, I'd buy another Colt Anaconda, PERIOD! Best damn gun I ever owned! Man I miss it! If you can come up with the cash for one, I'd say snag it, but plan around $1k for one.
My second choice would be a Ruger Super Redhawk, I've heard to many problems with the sear spring on the Smiths to feel confident with one.

686 was always one of my favorites. :thumbup: green with envy :greenjumpers:

Love the wheel guns.

I had a 44 special, 44 mag Ruger redhawk and this Ruger casull .454

CopyofCoyote2018-1.jpg

Took these on trade on the .454

Copyof224022001.jpg

Copyof40pro004.jpg

Then traded the .40 for 2 other guns.

Just a regular ramped sight with a red notch on it. :)

Gary

Has the nice white outline rear site dont it Gary?

Before the auto's took over the 4" 686 was the duty gun for westerville police dept.

That certainly is a nice Revolver!
I had an early model 29,the Barrel had been cut back from 8'' to 6'' this didn't effect accuracy or function,it just made it more affordable.It was a very nice and accurate Weapon.My last .44Mag was a Super Black Hawk,looked cool with some fake Ivory Grips on it.

I've just recently started collecting revolvers. Here are three that I like.

The top is a Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk in .44 magnum with the 10.5" bull barrel. The bottom is an H & R Model 199 Sportsman in .22 and in the middle is a Herters Single in .401 calibre. I had to special order the .401 ammo from a guy in Arizona.

I'm currently looking for a Super Redhawk. ;)

Revolvers.jpg

Picked up a H&R 9 shot .22 wheel-gun on trade for a .38 derringer I used to carry in my saddle bags. The H&R I got looks a lot like the bottom one you posted. Think it is a older H&R though.

I use it for a finish off gun.

Yup, mine's a 9-shot too. Is yours a single or double action? Any markings on it? The 199 is a single action; mine is the First Variation made between Oct 1932 and April 1933.

Model 929 .22 L. R. made in USA. Gardner, Mass. H&R on handles double action

Copy of guns.jpg

I forgot about the Dan Wesson .22 on their .357 frame I used to have. No longer have for pic, traded for another Horton hunter crossbow.

Nice pistol there Gary, mate of mine has the exact one........let loose with it a few times and must say I really enjoy shooting 'wheel guns'. My next pistol is gonna be a .45 S&W revolver, probably the 325 Nightguard.

Back