Rec Climb Mariposa CA

CurSedVoyce

California Hillbilly
I can arrange a rec climb here in a local champion canyon/live oak for anyone interested.
Stig is going to be here supposedly the 13th of Sept. We can do it then with or with out more people and future dates if anyone wants to. I got permission from the tree/land owner today.

I do need the waiver (copy of) Jerry had for us at the GTG.

We will all need to sign it per norm

This tree covers over 1/4 acre with its spread and is about 65 foot high..
One horizontal branch is about 64 foot long last I measured it from the trunk.

Anybody wanna go fur it? We have permission for a couple times a year if we want. We can also provide accommodations here on property. Camping wise. I have already promised Stig the house if he wishes. But if he does not take it for the night.. Others are welcome. I believe he will only be here that Sunday.

Attachments

• P1010117.JPG
    P1010117.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 53
  • P1010118.JPG
    P1010118.JPG
    208.2 KB · Views: 54
  • P1010119.JPG
    P1010119.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 53
  • P1010121.JPG
    P1010121.JPG
    208.2 KB · Views: 52
  • P1010122.JPG
    P1010122.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 52
  • P1010123.JPG
    P1010123.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 52
  • P1010124.JPG
    P1010124.JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 51
  • P1010125.JPG
    P1010125.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 52
  • P1010126.JPG
    P1010126.JPG
    210.9 KB · Views: 50
NIce wide spread eh Stephen? I'm guessin about 75' tall ?... I would be interested in a later date.

Greg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very wide spread... I guessed closer to 65 foot.. height...
I will set something up for later if we can come up with a when Greg.
But know you are welcome anytime.

man that is one awesome looking tree. Would love to be down in Yosemite this Fall more than anywhere on earth but got a new one on the way so will just have to enjoy the pics+thread. Have a great climb!

Welcome to stay here my friend. Thinkin a BBQ might be in order too
Date is pending hearing from Stig for Sept.13th... But if he is only going to visit and run.. We can make it the next day or something :)

Where is the champion largest live oak? In the valley somewheres right?

I'd be down to come and join.

I also want to find/climb the champion valley oak tree here in CA...

Quercusloba1.jpg

163' tall, 100' spread. In Covelo somewhere.

love
nick

I will post more on this... It has occurred to me that Stig will be arriving the day after I return from a week vacation. So there will only be a small window as he is pretty much just passing through unless he tells me diffy. That would put anyone arriving to arriving the 13th and maybe get the 13th and 14th for climb time. Things have been hectic here with the funeral and what not. And since Russ may have the house the 13th before he goes back to San Diego, I will have to confirm what his plans are also. So I am going to investigate further and figure this all out before I commit to those two days.
If all can't play out right.. Stig will be with Jerry for a while and he can get that climb with some of us done.
Also if I can't make this play out, I will pick a few days in Oct or Nov for up here.
Not trying to crash the thing before I start it. Just remember the first date I gave is tentative pending Stig and our vacation.. I will at least try and get some of us together here while he is her to at least meet up.
Right now I am going over to the other house and work through this stuff.. I need to chill from all the family shat.

Well, the news is that Russ will be staying through that Monday. So the climb is out for any kind of numbers on the September date. I am going to have to set a new date in either October or November. Or get real creative with my schedule. I could do like a Sunday and Monday till then a week after I get back from vacation. But my schedule is way more open about the middle of October to December. December can be a bit cold and wet.
Russ is willing to share the house with Stig and friends on the date they are here. His mom was so he will. God rest her soul.

OK... Game on!

Heard from Stig last night and he is a go for the climb on Sunday the 13th. He will be arriving the morning of the 13th and stay over till Monday AM but has to leave in the morning.
If anyone does not mind camping out I have parking and sites here. The climb is about a 20 minute drive away and we can park right next to the tree. No humping gear in required.
I would say show up Sunday 13th AM like Stig and stay through even till Tues if anyone wishes.
I just also got off the phone with the PO where the tree is and he is a go for Sunday and Monday.
Paul if you still would like to send a Raptor out for demo, PM me and let me know. We will need to get you a shipping address to send it to as I won't be home for a week. But I have a few places it can land safely and be well guarded :D:)

I will add that I will need to know who might come by this Sat. AM 9/5 before 12 pm as I will OOT for a week there after.

Steve I already have you down as to be attending ;)

Steve, Gerry should have recieved one today . Ill call him and see if he could spare it for the weekend and how we might be able to get it to you, if not Ill send one out .Let me know an address.

Back