Mulch sales

Sell it all the time. I sell it cheap though at $10.00 per yard. No poison oak in them. Usually to existing customers that have already spent money on services though ;)

We give them to customers or local non-profits and one nursery takes them. We will sell them for fuel costs to someone who calls us out of the blue looking for a truckload. I hate when someone asks for 1 or 2 yards.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I do not sell my chips and I do not pay to dump my chips. I will dump for free at a custys house if it is closer than my dump and on the way home.

We give all of ours away to the local mulch place unfortunately. I wish we could sell them but there is no market for that here. If we do a couple removals during the week its not uncommon for us to give away 75-100 yards. It would be great to be able to sell all that.

Give it all away. We have a few customers we give it them too, and one dump site takes them for free. Can't dump them at any burn sites, they're super strict on that, since chips burns so long. If our chip quality was nicer I'd be all over trying to sell them as natural mulch.

95% of our chips we have to pay to dispose of, usally about $50/load.

We've got a few friends and clients that occasionally want chips, but we will only take it if they'll take a FULL load. I can't be driving across town to drop off half a load. I'd rather pay the $50 and get rid of it fast at the dump.

Give it away here too. We usually keep about ten or so yards at our equipment yard so folks can come by and get what they want, helps the ones that only want a yard or two.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We have been selling them pretty regular. Most folks have been buying them to fill beds and top dressing with dyed mulch!

Bio boiler is opening 1/4 mile from the shop. Chips are a go. They are formulating a plan for green waste as well. I've been told they needed to burn 70 loads of chips per day.

are any of you guys trying to sell the client on keeping the mulch on site for their own trees/landscape? im sure most of you mention it, but i mean a more aggressive sell. the longer i work in this field the more evidence i see of the benefit of mulching trees, esp our native oaks here. i hardly ever do sales, but when i do i really try to get the client to use the mulch onsite. we give away all our chip btw, unless its really ugly or one of the guys had to make an emergency pit stop in the back of the truck:roll:

i try to keep them there. they are charging for dumps sites here now, too much material from the storms.

a tracked chipper would be nice

Biomass boilers as Adrian mentioned, seem to be a growing thing in the coming years. The government in the US is lending support, currently some tax break or something. In my area we have so many Pines coming in from the disease, that the auction yards are refusing to take them now. The trees will be eventually going to biomass fuel. Driving by you can see Pine logs from here to eternity. I hear that boiler makers are scampering for the new business developing, such boilers in schools, etc. It seems that chip demand may much change in the not too distant future.

are any of you guys trying to sell the client on keeping the mulch on site for their own trees/landscape? im sure most of you mention it, but i mean a more aggressive sell. the longer i work in this field the more evidence i see of the benefit of mulching trees, esp our native oaks here. i hardly ever do sales, but when i do i really try to get the client to use the mulch onsite. we give away all our chip btw, unless its really ugly or one of the guys had to make an emergency pit stop in the back of the truck:roll:

Sell them keeping the chips all the time.....

too often our chips get tainted by the few plants I don't want to spread on clients property...palm, pepper trees, and tree of heaven...all can self plant and start infestations. I'd rather pay to have it dumped, brought to high heat/composted, then buy it back if I need it.

I got a good clean load in there right now and I know its gonna make SOMEONE happy!

Back