More Knot Animations

• Thread starter TheTreeSpyder
  • Start date
  • Replies 14
  • Views 4K
T

TheTreeSpyder

Lost most of the other animations when they changed servers for site,then had a hard drive fail within that month. -A devastating blow.

Have been playing around with it all, and the menuing still all along; almost everyday. Also, about started with Nick's previous challenge of making a fig8 stopper on end of hitch properly(more difficult than the rest of that animation) Here is where it is at so far (the 2 sliders are draggable to go to anyplace in an animation, and also be able to fade spar/host to see behind it):

Damn, you're getting good! The color hurts my eyes and reading sideways is kinda a beeyotch, though.

I like it!

Edit: MUCH better when you click full page! :|:

That's pretty dang awesome, Kenny! :thumbup: Long time, no see. Welcome back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i like slipped anchor for throwbag and other apps (like lowering in 2:1 style by self, then pulling this free next to me to unlace from load remotely). Kinda stole it from one bigger than life JP Sanborn; though he (if i understand correctly); slips the Standing, not the tail, for an emergency, remote release to this configuration so throwbag will drop to ground. i kinda didn't need that property, and had sum trouble with it too(witch reduced need for it even more...).

In time; i'll incorporate this into my Knot-A-Player; but that will take more coding than i can muster presently!

I like the TK hitch , what is it used for friction hitch.
What is good about it ?
going out an tie one now.

The Blake's hitch doesn't illustrate the last part of coming up through the bottom two.

Good stuff Kenny.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, TK is a type of friction hitch.

The Blake's hitch doesn't illustrate the last part of coming up through the bottom two .

Good stuff Kenny.

Nice catch on Blake's; am to add a slide out of notes on each, that was to always include stuff like rear view comparisons of Blake's vs. Suislide, and comparisons of other similar/ to me defining characteristics of like lacings etc. But, have now placed a rear view of Blakes and Blake's w/8 (the Blake's was right, just couldn't see very well even with spar faded out with slider) on the starting frames.

Thanx, much werk to due, just trying to get this base stabilized before going on. Many logistical coding things (unseen behind the lines) to forsee as i try to throw forward with this again. Like, the 2 slider bars and play buttons are not in the knot movies, but rather added in at run time from the library (by your computer), so to include the Slipped Anchor; i'd have to have a flag that the program would see and not include the spar visibility slider on just the Slipped Anchor movie etc. Plus, trying to keep file size small for faster download(presently all 11 knots are compacted into 53kb download); but a gotcha hear is that once downloaded to play using that strategy, your computer must make computations; that if it gets too heavy, would make processor 'chug'(like any under powered engine to the load it carries), and movie jerky(as opposed to a regular video that would just be a large download, with much less computations on your computer once loaded in trade). To do all that, i've chosen vectorized, rather than raster art for this, so you can right click and zoom in several times with no loss of detail/colors just get stronger; as opposed to when you zoom in on a raster/bitmap type graphic it pixelates and loses quality and is in fact a larger file size! Doing all that, it is very easy to miss the simplest things you have done for 20years; and i appreciate all input!

Back