Merry Christmas!

Hope the break is restorative for everyone.
I know I need the time off!!
During that last crane day on Tuesday the landing zone was so tight there were a few small broken branches in the understory trees about 45 feet up right over the driveway.

Before breaking down the crane I jumped on the hook to go up and clean them up. I cut one such fractured limb off appropriately; but had just hooked my other arm through a couple branches to steady myself instead of using my lanyard. The operator seeing the branch drop must have thought he’d be efficient and started moving to the next hanger before I un-entwined my arm, and definitely before a verbal “okay, let’s move” from me as required !! My shout caused him to stop immediately, but the shoulder I had rebuilt in 2013 got tweaked. The days off are going to be well-needed recovery time.

Long evenings around the fireplace, likely eating too much and doing too little.

Here’s to a healthier and happier year to all you ‘housers and your families and friends. Be well.

Heal up Pat, that sucks. Hopefully it's just a tweak as you say

It’s been a tough year and doesn’t look to be getting any better for the NewYear with new lockdown restrictions here in the UK. I hope you can all spend time with family or friends over the holiday period and wish you all good health and best wishes for the New year.

Merry Christmas from down under...it was a lovely day, sunny and warm, ate way too much food and enjoyed every bit of it. Messaged brother who is at Lake Tahoe, spoke to mum in Bermuda, facetime with hubby's daughters in Bermuda...messaged loads of friends...whew.
Wishing everyone peace for 2021!

You too, FJR.

Hows your log truck treating you these days, I found it to be exciting news when you got it a few years ago

Up before the rest to pull the sticky buns out of the fridge and place them near the warm oven to let them rise before baking. Brunch is our big meal of the day amidst the flying wrapping paper. Got my Christmas wish!! The good news from Thailand: granddaughter is home from the hospital in time for Santa to visit (Marlee had some bad food and got a severe intestinal bug - three days to get it under control, rehydrate, and able to keep food down).

Merry Christmas; Enjoy your day! 8F9108E8-429C-47AC-BCD5-A3CD39EE3FE2.jpeg

Better! Thanks for asking.
Actually slept pretty well last night. Plan to not do much for a few days. Iced it at first along with anti-inflammatory meds; then moved to heat. The pain is at the point where FiberWire was used to reattach the tendons - if not better by Monday I’ll see my orthopod doc.

Back