Loggers Choice brand bar oil?

Never heard of it, I always watch Atwoods for their Klasic bar oil, or whatever it is this year, to go on sale for $6 a gal and stock up then. But I'm not fussy about my bar oils.

The only bar oil I've bought and didn't like was some crap in WHITE bottles from Wal Mart. I normally get the Poulan oil from Wal Mart but one day they were out and I bought the other crap in the automotive section. It smelled and looked like used motor oil and was filthy.

Last winter the local Tractor Supply had bar oil on sale for $6 per gallon and I bought 30 gallons. I have two gallons left so it's time for them to put it on sale again. :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Brian that is my other option TSC, 6.99 everyday some times they run a sale.
Used a lot of the TSC oil in the past, but the one year it was like 10w motor oil. I just bought a gal there today to see if it is any better this time around.

I too am taking advantage of tsc sales. My fuel depot is checking on a 55 gallon drum. Might take me a while to go thru that.

Scott, I'll guess about a year.

[derail ] Speaking of 55 gallon drums, I picked up an empty 55 gallon fuel drum the other day from the speed shop. I plan on driving over to Brett's and filling it up with 100 octane LL gas at the airport where he rents a yard. The speed shops charge about $8 per gallon and up around here and he gets it for about $4.50 or so. I'm running it in my saws and I also slip a couple gallons into the Mustang on track nights. :/: [/derail ]

TSC seems to run out of oil then try to sell Husqvarna branded oil at around 12 something a gallon .

I put a bug in Toms ear to have his brother in law pick up another bunch at that oil packaging place he works at .If they get a leaker the throw out the whole case .Kinda hard to beat free .

Never heard of it either, I use cenex mostly, its red and thinner than alot of oils, hate that thick crap that on a 10 below zero day the wind blows a string 1/4 mile when you try to pour

Guess I might as well tell you guys a liitle bit about myself LOL Grew up in MO , started cutting when i was a kid, We cut walnut and ceder logs , and also heated with wood all my life. Did my 4 ys in the military then ended up in NE. Bought a couple bucket trucks and dump truck, do tree removal on the side, weekends. Work at a chevy dealer as a mech during the week. Work on all my own saws, do a little porting, thats about it!

Thanks bro, I am in southwest ne, 15 miles from KS, 100 from CO

Somewhere around McCook/Hastings NE, I'd gather! My folks are from Burr Oak KS originally, used to go with grandma and grandpa to Superior for groceries!
Andy here.

Welcome PolarBear. Obviously you know you can thin that thick oil. I find it advantageous, kerosene is cheaper than bar oil.

Welcome PolarBear. Obviously you know you can thin that thick oil. I find it advantageous, kerosene is cheaper than bar oil.

Ya I used to thin it down, the stuff I use now you dont need to thin, used to use the motion lotion from baileys, ordered it by the case but shipping got to high

i know it may not be right, but ive got a 55 gal drum of straight 30 weight that ive been using for awhile now...it cost me a hundred bucks off the lube truck 1 day, and i hadnt touched it until the stuff went over 10 bucks a gallon, so i just started filling all my old jugs, it would have taken years to use up just on oil changes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
TTGuy, if it doesn't seem to stick to the bar like you want, you can add STP oil treatment for the tacking agent. We did that on some thinner cheap oil we would get in years past.

i know it may not be right, but ive got a 55 gal drum of straight 30 weight that ive been using for awhile now...it cost me a hundred bucks off the lube truck 1 day, and i hadnt touched it until the stuff went over 10 bucks a gallon, so i just started filling all my old jugs, it would have taken years to use up just on oil changes

I would use it

Back