tophopper

The resident asshole
Is it possible to extend the automatic log out for no activity? I log in each time I visit the site, and sometime when writing a lengthy reply I get automatically logged out. When I log back in I lose my entire post. The time period for automatic log out must be 10 or 15 minutes? Is it possible to make it an hour?

John, I think that's on your end and how your computer is set to handle cookies. The standard on this forum is after 15 minutes of inactivity you are no longer indicated as being online, but that shouldn't affect whether or not you're logged in. I haven't logged in on this computer in ages, it always remembers me. If I'm on another computer then I'll have to log in.

I have that problem all the time. My way around it is to have the Treehouse open in another tab or two, and while I'm typing out a post, I'll jump over and click something on one of the other tabs from time to time so the forum is still "active". That way, when I click to submit the post, it hasn't timed me out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That works I guess. In the past Ive anticipated the time out and copied my entire post, only to paste it back in after I log back in. Of course when I forget, Ive written a few paragraphs and was so disappointed I didnt bother to rewrite it all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Nick.....I'm sure most members don't feel the same though.

When I hit the opening page it wants me to log in. If I hit the what's new button it logs me back in automatically and I never get kicked off.

I had the same problem because I put a lot of time in my answers. But I discovered that it is fine if I check the small box "remember me" just bellow the login name.

Something has changed because if I stay logged in but on a different page theres a thing that says something about posts since your last visit. Every so many minutes it refreshes itself.

Back